Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,301   Online: 833

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I did offer my Shen-Hao for sale last year around this time, but later decided to keep it. I might still be interested in selling it because it is seeing virtually no use at all due to the fact that I have another 5X7 that I travel with by air, and tend to use my ULF cameras out of the car.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in my 5X7 Shen-Hao, which is in Mint condition with case and both 4X5 and 5X7 backs, contact me directly by personal mail at sanking@clemson.edu to discuss details.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6
    Hi Drew
    You should contact Sandy King he had one for sale end of last year.
    Saves you a lot of hassle and shipping cost and he might have some accessories with the camera.

Greg

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Tim ... In August 2005, I paid about $1350.00 (camera, lens board and case only) plus about $45.00 for the Bank of America wire transfer fee. I did not get the 4 x 5 reducing back.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks, Rick. Are you happy with it? tim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Got a 6x17 back from the factory about a year ago. I was a little wary, but I saw Sandy King's post (I believe on another list) referring to fast service/good buying experience. The back was shipped by Fedex for about $75.00, as I recall. It took 36 hours from Shanghai to Canada and eight days to my remote location. When I opened the package there was $30.00US in cash included as a refund for bank charges that were not incurred. It just doesn't get any better than that. Shipping may seem a bit expensive, but I have paid as much per weight/volume from the US or even within Canada. If you are not in a remote location you should get delivery in a few days.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i bought a 4x5 shen hao last october from shenhao direct through mr zhang...

went ok. I got also the 6x12 back.
    camera works fine and looks good and stable.

the only problem was with the 6x12 back, the black metal finish is to shiny so there were lines on my transparencies from reflection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    To Tim and all others interested ... yes, I am very happy with the Shen Hao 5 x 7 camera. I was looking at Ebony options and the Walker 5 x 7 wide, but just couldn't deal with the expense. I was a little apprehensive about sending almost $1400.00 to China by wire but after corresponding with Mr. Zhang Fuming at Shen Hao over the course of a few days, it seemed that it would be fine. With the money I saved, I spent extra for a new Schneider 210 L lens, a Black Jacket focusing cloth and some 5 x 7 film holders. The camera has generous movements and folds to a compact size. I travel with it (by air) using a Lowepro Photo Trekker AWII backpack. This will hold the camera, film holders, film, lenses and anything else I can stuff in it. I was worried about processing the film at first, then after reading forums, I came up with an idea that works well and allows me to have cleanly developed sheets, although I have to process one sheet at a time. I simply use a Paterson tank and load one sheet sideways in it. I am using minimal-agitation development with Pyrocat (thanks Sandy King and others for your writings on this) so this process is perfect for me. Using multiple tanks, I can process a few sheets at a time. I am returning to large format photography after several years and I am enjoying it very much.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shen- hao 5x7

Hello Rick,

how do you like the Shen-Hao? No one in the US carries it and I have no luck
    calling the factory # from the wesite or with e-mails. You obviously figured
    out a way. Any advice?

thank you,

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David E
    Hello Rick,

how do you like the Shen-Hao? No one in the US carries it and I have no luck
    calling the factory # from the wesite or with e-mails. You obviously figured
    out a way. Any advice?

thank you,

David

David .... here is the e-mail address I used: zhangfmli@vip.sina.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shen-hao 5x7

I am really enjoying this camera. Ordering it from China required some patience but well worth the effort. I had to sell a few lenses to purchase other lenses better suited for the larger negative.

david

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    5x7 with 4x5 back = killer bellow draw!

Do it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin