Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,657   Posts: 1,481,414   Online: 1086

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Shen Hao 5x7 camera

Has anyone recently done business with Shen Hao cameras? The reason I ask is that I was considering either the 4x5 model or the 5x7 model. I would much like to get the 5x7 model, but there is no importer, so direct contact is a must. If anyone has done business with Shen Hao this way, help would be appreciated. If you could include details that would be great too.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." --John Milton

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter." --Unknown missionary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you sure that the regular importers can't get you one as a special order?

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not recently but I got my 5x7 that way. No great hardship really. You might check the Shen Hao user group forum for more info on the process.

If you do intend to order direct it makes sense to fill out the order with anything you might need. The prices direct from the factory for some things are cheaper and you'll already being paying shipping for the big heavy camera so adding a few odds and ends won't hurt.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did look on Badger Graphic and they did not have the 5x7 model. I heard that they could not special order it either. But this brings up a question: will I be short shrifting myself if I get the 4x5 as opposed to 5x7?

Drew

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter." --Unknown missionary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Drew
    You should contact Sandy King he had one for sale end of last year.
    Saves you a lot of hassle and shipping cost and he might have some accessories with the camera.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracotype
    But this brings up a question: will I be short shrifting myself if I get the 4x5 as opposed to 5x7?

Drew
    Depends on why you want the 5x7?

The 4x5 is about 50% or a greater amount cheaper.

The 4x5 I think goes a little wider.

It's also lighter.

OTOH the 4x5 won't manage 5x7.

The bellows are shorter then the 5x7.

Depends on what you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have considered buying directly from them and have been in touch with a guy whose name I forgot. They are very nice and cooperative however there were two problems:
    Cost of camera was only $475 - very attractive but shipping to Israel was something like $250 for the 4X5. 2 the manufacturer don't have an export licens which makes things difficult. They use Seagul (I think) to dothe export and bythe time I got there I felt really lost and confused so I dropped the whole idea and got another camera all together.

Hope it helps, if you have more questions please e-mail me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Depends on why you want the 5x7?

The 4x5 is about 50% or a greater amount cheaper.

The 4x5 I think goes a little wider.

It's also lighter.

OTOH the 4x5 won't manage 5x7.

The bellows are shorter then the 5x7.

Depends on what you want.
    I guess I am going to talk myself out of 5x7 with everyone's help!

What I really want is portability. I just cannot see this happening with 5x7 so easily. Plus there is the lack of film selection for 5x7, which might make a small difference. And I like wider, rather than longer. Ho hum, I guess I did talk myself out of it after all. Thanks anyways.

Drew

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, I have the Shen-Hao 5 x 7 camera and purchased it directly from the manufacturer in Shanghai, China via a wire transfer. Pretty painless and I had the camera in a few weeks. Contact Mr. Zhang Fuming at zhangfmli@vip.sina.com. No worries with film since I primarily shoot B & W. If you need color, get the 4 x 5 back for the camera. Best of both worlds, very portable and quite solid.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick, how much was the total, with shipping etc? tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin