Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,794   Online: 702

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    President's Day, so the post office is closed I can't wait to get my new (ugly) lens!!! Hopefully tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see Jim Galli's magical lens put into action!!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    PM from John:

Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Hiya Jim,

Wasn't sure if you'd caught up with a thread you might be interested in ...

["http://this thread"]

Rough time of it lately Jim. But there's a lotta luv going round on APUG at the moment too!

Cheers, John.
    Thanks John. Very much appreciated. Yes at first I thought I would leave APUG and not look back. But that is not the case. Many loyal friends here. Perhaps even a silent majority?? In any case, more than deserved! Thanks. Jim
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I came home from shopping with my wife this afternoon to find a box on my doorstep from Jim, a wonderful old 10" B&L Petzval! Jim, I don't know HOW you got it here so fast, but my hat is off to you sir!
    If I can join in the circle here and add--from where I sit, Jim adds a lot more to APUG than lenses and shutters (even the 8x10 WA lens and the really big shutter I got from him). He adds a level of enthusiasm that is infectious.

The core of a site like this is members with an obvious love of the subject. Luckily, this site has a number of people who fit that description.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    ...He adds a level of enthusiasm that is infectious.

The core of a site like this is members with an obvious love of the subject. Luckily, this site has a number of people who fit that description.

Matt
    That's what counts for me ...
    Last edited by John McCallum; 02-20-2006 at 07:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a love fest we have going here. I couldn't agree more with everything that has been said. I only have three lens for my 4x5 and they ALL came from Jim. Whenever he has something to say I listen.

g

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't bought anything from Jim, never been to one of his free workshops, nor do I really even know him... but I'm starting to become quite fond of him based on what I've read. That "luv'n feeling" is quite contagious!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Protar VII from Jim is a peach too. While Jim made the unpardonable sin of selling an original '29 Ford roadster, I say we let him live and sell us more lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He Really Knows the postal system, He was able to mail to me a Huge box for $5.40 cents and it was here in 2 days. Sick. I pay 12 bucks on large flat rate box the one he sent was 2 times the storage and he spent $5.40, Jim is very special and very smart man!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am jealous because I do not have the budget to buy his lenses right now.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I am jealous because I do not have the budget to buy his lenses right now.
    He must have quite a collection. How he ever uses them all is beyond me.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin