Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,763   Online: 858

Shooter
    Multi Format

Can someone ID this TOYO-VIEW Deluxe camera ?

.thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toy.jpg   toy2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As stated on the lensboard, its model designation is a Deluxe, what type of information are you looking for, it looks like most of their cameras they have made over the years, alot of the earlier models were a grey or beige color..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has geared rise and fall so perhaps other functions are geared rather than friction as well. It has engraved scales (rather than decals) and focus knobs that seem to be made of two materials. I'm sure there are a lot more little touches I can't see from the pics. Why do you ask? Is there no info on google or on Toyo's website?
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am trying to ascertain model name and approx year of manufacture....toyo's site doesnt help....I have the serial # if that helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The model name is the Deluxe, it looks like one of their older models, I would anticipate that it was made in the 70's sometime, you might email the guys at Mamiya as they take care of the toyo stuff as well, there is also a message system over on their website that you can ask a question about Toyo cameras and normally will get an answer in a few hours.

Here is the link for the various message systems.

http://www.macuserforums.com/

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The hardware (knobs and such) is a bit different from the D45A and D45M, but the standards look a lot like those cameras. It looks like it's on a short extension rail instead of a full length. From these angles, it's difficult to say if it has geared shifts though (a feature of the D45M) or if it has only dovetail slides (D45A type). Regardless, it's a nice looking camera and would use all of the current bellows, lensboards, and backs. Oh yes, that is a bail style back and not a universal (Graflok) type back on that camera. I would agree with Dave that it's probably from the 1970s.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm pretty sure it is a Graflex back; it looks almost identical to the one on my Toyo 45AII, which is only 5 years old, and has a Graflex back.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    I have exactly the same camera myself and wondered it's time stamp, as it was given to me. Mine has the long rail with the short extension which I sometimes used as configured in the photo. It's back is not Graflex, which is causing me some grief at the moment as I need to try find a Graflex type holder for the back. I use it mainly for landscape and architectural. Not the most convenient to use in the field but sometimes you need to use what you've got.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I too have one of these in a aluminium case with extension rail, do't use it much due to it's weight. Would love to know about it's age though, mine has an international back and takes Fidelity DDS's without issue.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin