Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,169   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Could have been. I've been trying to find out. Did Goerz make a FP shutter camera? The 5x7" Press Graflex was a pretty common camera at the time among photojournalists. Lartigue's father had some sort of 13x18 camera, which J-H used, but I gather that the family was wealthy, and he had access to various cameras.
    Goerz Anschutz

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like there's a bit of doubt about that - and since most of the information on the net was written by art curators and not camera collectors, it's difficult to find out. One page stated it was an Ica Reflex. Could have been, I guess?

Anyway he had a number of cameras and used them all. At least one of them had a vertical focal plane shutter, as we see from that famous picture.

The 13x18 camera he started with was a typical tailboard "Reisekamera" (like mine), and was certainly not the camera with the focal plane shutter.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Easiest way to bend a helicopter blade?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fo...istortions.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin