Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,980   Online: 842

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole - are you having SK Grimes stripe polish the lens boards to match the camera?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The "stripes" on the camera are not stripes, they're the weave of the carbon fibers. Whatever polish you put on metal, it won't match. But the original lens boards are matte black, so the "copies" are the same (I hope).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    The "stripes" on the camera are not stripes, they're the weave of the carbon fibers. Whatever polish you put on metal, it won't match. But the original lens boards are matte black, so the "copies" are the same (I hope).
    Ole,

If you could get them to machine the lensboards from carbon fibre sheets then you'd have lensboards matching the rest of the camera. Otherwise you could use real carbon fibre veneer. They're easy enough to cut with an exacto knife and if you order the one with adhesive backing you just stick them on to the finished metal lensboards . Though with the cost of the camera, paying for non-neccesary stuff would be hard to justify.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edwinfechter
    ... Though with the cost of the camera, paying for non-neccesary stuff would be hard to justify.
    You mean - non-necessary stuff like a brand new shutter for the Germinar-W instead of using the shutter off an old folding Zeiss-Ikon I picked up on ebay for a tenner? Deciding not to sell the 180 Fujinon-W because it looks much better on the camera than an old 180 Symmar? Buying a new 210mm f:6.1 Xenar in addition to the old 210/4.5 Xenar for the same reason - and so that I can use that shutter on the 355 G-Claron since I don't need a 360/5.5 Tele-Xenar with this camera? Yeah - it's hard to justify. But I'm getting good at it.
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Would have to get better at it too. The lensboards that come with the Carbon Infinity (1x copal 0, 2 x copal 1 and 1 x copal 3) won't fit all of my 3 lenses. The Nikkor 150 will go to the copal 0 lensboard, the geronar-wa 90mm will go to the copal 3 lensboard. I'd have to sell the the Komura 240mm Copal 3 on a sinar lensboard and save up for for a Fujinon C 300mm or a Fujinon CMW 250mm on a copal 1 (which would have to wait till christmas). And, since my future lens choices are dictated by the remaining copal 1 lensboard, the next one would probably be a Fujinon C 450mm. If only I got more freelance graphic design work to finance the next set of lenses. But then as soon as the camera arrives, I'd head straight to the alpstein massif with the 150mm and the 90mm.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got a 0 and a 1 board with the camera. And my most used lenses for 4x5" is a 09mm f:8 Super-Angulon in a 00 shutter, either one of several 150mm f:4.5 in #1, a 240mm Symmar in a #2 Compur and several larger thingys in #3 Compound...
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ole
    I was thinking the Sinar boards would fit on this camera or was this just a rumor which i heard years ago?
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Hi Ole
    I was thinking the Sinar boards would fit on this camera or was this just a rumor which i heard years ago?
    It was a (mistaken) rumor. The external measurements are the same, but the Ci has an off-centre "peg" lock. And different corner curvature, as well.
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole it's lovely!!! I think I'll have to start a jar for one.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Ole,

What a FUNKY looking camera! I also thought it was a "real striping" on the camera (as opposed to the weave) and thinking, "Ole had better watch out... those gals in the tiger stripe suits will be hot on your butt!"

I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing what you think of the camera.

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin