Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,909   Online: 996

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Infinity

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Carbon Infinity

I just got an offer I couldn't resist, so I've agreed to buy a Carbon Infinity...

Anybody have any first-hand experience with them?

That ends my camera purchases for this year, if not longer, I would think?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Whoa, congratulations! I remember seeing one on a high shelf at Ken Hansen's long ago (before the shop moved to Florida and back to New York), but haven't had a chance to play with one. We'll expect the full report.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh yes, you'll get a full report.

Once I get home from the /)&%¤(#¤& Danish sector of the North Sea - I'm heading out to another two weks without internet (or toys) next week.

And then I guess there will be a nice little Linhof Color 4x5" for sale, probably wiht a few lenses. Like the battered-but-good 135mm f:3.5 Zeiss Planar, in Linhof shutter, on Linhof board, and the 360mm f:5.5 Tele-Xenar, also Linhof select and dented...
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That reminds me: The amera I'm getting has a cracked ground glass, so it will soon get a Satin Snow glass
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ole,

I have one, & I'm sure you will be pleased with it. It's a very verstile camera. The only draw back I can see it has is the slowness of setting it up.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    WOW!

It's arrived...

First, opening the ¤%& box wasn't all that easy. I eventually figured out that I had to push in the shiny little knobs and lift at the same time - not so easy with the smooth carbon fiber shell!

But I did manage to get the lid off, to find an inside packed with - camera.

Lifting this, turning that, sliding this-and-that for about half an hour had me convinced that this was a very fine camera indeed. Everything is silky smooth - no "jumpy" rackets here! Everything is friction driven, with clutch locks which can be set to just the tension you need.

I think I've managed to figure out where all the knobs are, which knobs control what, and how. I've even managed to pack it again, and open it up again.

But I may have to buy another lens. My newest lenses, from the early 70's (1970's, not 1870's) look decidedly anachronistic on that camera. And they looked so right on the Linhof Color...
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    WOW!

But I may have to buy another lens. My newest lenses, from the early 70's (1970's, not 1870's) look decidedly anachronistic on that camera. And they looked so right on the Linhof Color...

That was the first thing on my mind when I saw you had bought this camera, I was thinking that now Ole have to buy his first modern lens
    Amund

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    That ends my camera purchases for this year, if not longer, I would think?
    But not lens purchases I gather ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's see a picture of this bad boy!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The seller has been kind enough to write an illustrated in-depth review of the camera before he sold it to me. It's in French, but the illustrations are far better than anything I could take - today, at least.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/christophe.m...%20format.html

And yes, that's my camera. Cracked Bosscreen and all.

- on a close look, it seems that he's had TWO of these! And if so, mine is composed of parts of both of them? Anyway, I'm not complaining: The camera is a wonder of engineering and design, and if I could compose the perfect camera for my use this would be it!
    Norway

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin