Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,246   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, again, at close focus these lenses are quite amazing. Even the (really fast!) rz 110/2.8 has decent coverage of 4x5 at portrait distances. But I find it a real gift for higher mag macro because it is so fast... even at large mag, you can at least still see something on your ground glass without having to adjust your eyes for 10 mins under a cloth. I mean, most LF lenses that, wide open, only give you f/5.6 or so, and so when you're at 3:1 or whatever, focusing takes a lot of patience and a lot of light.

Incidentally, rb users: the 100/2.8 can be used on the rb if you are willing to hand shutter. It's a very simple operation, you just pull a couple of pins. This operation does not preclude you from using the lens on an rz body.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 100/2.8? Or 110mm?

I've been dying for f/2.8 MF....

I mounted a Mamiya Sekor 55mm f/1.8 M42.. it's looking pretty good with a 2x TC on it for close non-macro focus.
    Last edited by Athiril; 03-05-2011 at 09:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 150mm RB soft focus lens covers 4X5 - these are great soft focus lenses once the learning curve is over and are currently on Ebay, brand new, at amazing prices from a Japan camera store. I bought 2 and they are in orginal unopened box - great buy for less than $140. Using a front from an old Pro S it is relatively easy to make a mount that allows the shutter to be fired and cocked. I believe there is an article on the Large Format forum explaing how to do this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Simon, at one point (or several) I've responded to these threads with a link to my website. With the success of getting my domain name back, I will be reposting some of these articles again. It's really not that hard to make a functional adapter to use them, including the shutters.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acouple of things... Someone posted a long time ago how to take the front piece off a trashed rb body and mount it on a lens board to use with rb lens. The trick is toget the cocking of the shutter correct. I have the front piece, just never got aroundtoit so it's just another project.

I have no idea of coverage. Some claims seem a bit outrageous.

The rb backs will fit a Grafex back. I have used it on my 2x3 Speed. But ya know... I think the film plane offset is just not quite correct. The negatives are a bit..soft.

YMMV.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Acouple of things... Someone posted a long time ago how to take the front piece off a trashed rb body and mount it on a lens board to use with rb lens. The trick is toget the cocking of the shutter correct. I have the front piece, just never got aroundtoit so it's just another project.

I have no idea of coverage. Some claims seem a bit outrageous.

The rb backs will fit a Grafex back. I have used it on my 2x3 Speed. But ya know... I think the film plane offset is just not quite correct. The negatives are a bit..soft.

YMMV.

tim in san jose
    Tim (and anybody else interested in this),
    I've posted a pdf of the RB lensboard page here: http://cid-5f9b69ac980337e6.office.l...nfo%20page.pdf

Not perfectly formatted, but until I get my website back up (after a 3 year ordeal to successfully get my domain name back...), I wanted that info to be available.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    xkaes,
    Yes I have seen a lens board adapter for LF, and from different vendors. Don't remember who had it; ie,
    an eBay seller from China, Calumet, etc...? It was advertised as being for RB [and] RZ lenses.
    As stated by others, unsure how you were supposed to cock and fire the shutter, and without electrical control for the RZ lenses,
    how you would obtain different speeds, other than the [dead battery] default speed of 1/400th.
    I think this adapter was intended more for RB lenses, and those using a digital back on their LF cameras.
    Price was high, in the $450-$550/USD range.
    Wow!!! No wonder I'm still broke, I've been giving this info away for years for free!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Wow!!! No wonder I'm still broke, I've been giving this info away for years for free!!!
    Haha, yup.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Tim (and anybody else interested in this),
    I've posted a pdf of the RB lensboard page here: http://cid-5f9b69ac980337e6.office.l...nfo%20page.pdf

erie
    Thanks Erie. Three years?! Oh dear, that means it's been at least that long since I've been meaning to do this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    Thanks Erie. Three years?! Oh dear, that means it's been at least that long since I've been meaning to do this.
    Yes,
    And if you have a domain name that is your personal name, and your name isn't very common, don't ever let it expire unless you don't care. After having several squatters think I'm paying $4k+ for the domain name, all off shore btw..., I finally got "lucky" and a squatter based in the US eventually owned it. It took baiting them into offering it for sale to me, then threatening an ACPA federal lawsuit from a lawyer (there's only one person named Erie Patsellis in the world, they purchased it solely for resale, have never used it legitimately (showing bad intent), etc...) before they realized that it would be better to simply surrender it to me, finally.

Now to figure out hosting not based in my office, as running a fat pipe, 3 single phase UPS's and a server 24x7x365 isn't practical anymore from a financial standpoint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin