Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,432   Online: 838

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya RB to large format adapter

Anyone ever hear of an adapter/board that allows you to use Mamiya 6x7 RB lenses on a large format camera -- perhaps 6x7/6x9/4x5 camera??????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope, I have never heard of one, you should be able to cover 6x7 and 6x9 with and RB lens, but I think you would not be able to cover 4x5 with an RB lens...I imagine if you got a hold of a junk RB you could remove the mount and make your own board with it.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The image circles are pretty big and advertised on on the mamiya site.

I would agree with above and buy a body and cut it up for what you need.

You need some way to mount cock and fire the lens and thats about it.

http://www.mamiya.com/cameras.asp?id=1&id2=15

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No but Shen Hao used [still does?] to make an adapter to mount Mamiya backs on thier 4x5s. Isn't the Mamiya back just a Graflex type?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the mamiya RB67 back fits on the graflex 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 graflock back. I asked the question on this board a few months ago and was told it fits, so I bought an RB67 back for my Century Graphic. It fits perfectly and works great. It is much better built than the graflex lever-wind back.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think the auto wind back for RB is actually 6 x 8 (?) I think,

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's all kinds of strange adapters floating around Ebay. I believe the last one I saw of interest was an adapter to mount a Hassy on either my Nikon or Canon. I'm going to have to look for that one again.

It would take some way to stop the lens down in order for a lens to work, or in the case of an RB, you would have top manually hold the lens closed. Any machinist worth their salt could fabricate a board with a holding mount out of aluminum. It probably would cost you more then you'd want to pay tho to get an image that wouldn't cover anything better then 6x7. Any excess coverage by the lens would be to insure peak 6x7 frame performance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Any excess coverage by the lens would be to insure peak 6x7 frame performance.
    Though, this may be worth experimenting. Lenses like the 127mm cover up to 6x7'' (inches, not centimeters!!!), the 180mm even 8x10''! If used at 4x5'' the results could perhaps be good if not awesome.

You will have a hard time firing and cocking the shutter, though! The pins which control shutter's operation would be INSIDE the camera's body.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marco do you mean it lights an 6"x7" image circle or that it actually covers?

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is given among specifications as "covered area", so I assume it's not a circle.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin