Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,855   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would definitely not dismiss the 127mm Ektar. It is a delicious little lens. Sharp and contrasty. Give it a try and you may just fall in love. I did.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of relatively modern 150mm lenses out there for not much money. Or if you want something a little wider then the 135mm. None are exactly expensive in photographic terms.

IIRC the camera has about 11" of bellows. The lensboards are basically like the Calumet CC400 and I guess the older Graflex boards. That's not a huge board but any lens you want to use should fit. The camera has more movements then other press cameras.

Matt maybe my camera is different then yours but mine uses a normal lensboard.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just out shooting with a 127 Ektar on mine. It had more range for movements than I recalled, close to the maximum shift range for the B&J at that focal length, as the bellows were really starting to bunch up. Little soft in the bottom corners at that point, but that wasn't a critical part of the composition. Doubt I could have gotten any tilt out of it at that point, though. The lens boards are standard Graphic boards, and swap easily with my Anny Speed. Now I'm looking for a 90mm to retake the shot from a better angle.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll second John's advice. The 127 is a fine little lens. A 203 f7.7 Ektar is just excellent. Then a 90mm f6.8 Angulon would complete a great little starter kit.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 90/F8 Super Angulon will fit the B&J press. The rear element is only 57mm in diameter. The 90/5.6 is a different story with a 77mm rear element. My favorite is the Nikon 90/F8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin