Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 701

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

210 APO SIRONAR S & 8x10

I'm curious...

I realize that the 210 APO SIRONAR S is supposed to just barely cover 8x10 at f/22 Is that at infinity? The closer you shoot, the better off you are, right?

Does anyone have practical experience shooting 8x10 with this lens?

Thank You In Advance.

corey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    it covers - but barely. make sure everything is centered!! i used my 210 sironar-s on 8x10 a few times before buying a 150-XL. it will get the job done, but then you can also clean your ears with steak knives... i just think q-tips work better.
    www.srosenberg.com

“But in every walk with Nature one receives far more than he seeks” --John Muir

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott-Tx
    you can also clean your ears with steak knives... i just think q-tips work better.
    That's good!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve

I had one for a while - it covers but it's tight. To be honest, I never had a shot on 8x10 where it actually worked. Just too tight in this focal lengh - I sold it and like Scott, I now have a 150XL and my next focal lengh is a 240mm (the fabulous 240mm Germinar W - get one soon while they are still around). For my purposes, those two focal lenghs take care of anything wide I want to do on 8x10.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I do use this lens on 8 x 10, you dont have much wiggle room without going a bit dark in the corners, however straight on it is fine....the photo of the Viet Nam wall posted on the Photographer's Formulary newsletter recently was shot with this lens....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks All,

I appreciate your experiences. I have an old rickety 8x10 that doesn't really zeros out well and isn't too easy to get centered, so I don't think this lens won't work very well....

Thanks Again :-)

Corey

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have one, I bought it for 4x5", so I can use it for 8x10" from time to time. Of course the manufacturer's figure for coverage is a little conservative, so it does work. But I wouldn't fully recommend it for 8x10" unless you already have it. Depending on depth of pocket, you could buy a Super-Symmar XL 210mm.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I also bougth one for my 5x4 & its the sharpest lens I have. It's my main lens on 7x5 & I also have used it with my 10x8. Here is a link to a my first ever 10x8 photo taken with this lens. I used f16 & it also happens to be my 1st ever pt/pd print.

http://www.duckspool.com/duckspool/g...ster._tree.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know it it is the computer screen or not, but there is nothing that is sharp in that photo, maybe you should have stopped down more. Pat
    [SIZE=2]Shadow Catcher[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by p krentz
    I don't know it it is the computer screen or not, but there is nothing that is sharp in that photo, maybe you should have stopped down more. Pat
    Pat,

It isn't your computer screen. It isn't sharp.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin