Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,567   Online: 1202

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc
    Dan,
    why dont you move the infinity stops to where the lenses you use are?

I need to pick up an angle square or something to make sure my stops are in the proper place. I use them on my Century Graphic also. Rangefinders rock!
    Fair question, Darin. It isn't practical. I shoot lenses from 38 mm to around 260 mm on my Century, 44 to 305 on my Speed, and 360 - 480 on my tandem. That's a lot of sets of stops. At $25-30/set, I'm much better off with my little t-shaped spacers. If I had fewer lenses, a couple of more pairs of stops might make better sense.

I have a small square. Its useless when the front standard isn't in front of the struts. Been there, done that, don't recommend it.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to have known infinity marks for each lens I use with a view camera.
    By having a known point to set either the forward or rear standard allows me to set up very quickly and point and shoot at infinity in rapidly changing light.
    Should I accidently break my "SatinSnow" all is not lost, I can still set up and shoot a scenic with the known setting @ infinity. Just something I have always done.

Charlie..............................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good point Charlie, especially for those of us who don't travel with a spare GG. I travel with two Graphics, so have a spare focusing panel ready to hand. There's nothing like cheating, eh?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "I shoot lenses from 38 mm to around 260 mm on my Century, 44 to 305 on my Speed, and 360 - 480 on my tandem. "

Ah thats right Dan, I remembered you had a ton of lenses. But it sounded like you got rid of a bunch earlier in this post. I only shoot with 2 lenses on my century. An 85mm synched to the rangefinder and a 47mm, which I have the focus scale set for the hyperfocal. i never did pick up a longer lens, but its not on my list of priorities right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin