Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,891   Posts: 1,520,853   Online: 1186

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc
    Unless you need to drop the bed and have a lens on the front rail (a 90mm lens would require this), I dont see any reason why you would NOT reverse the front standard.

The reason I re-reversed my front standard on my Crown 4x5 (ie put it back to the factory position) was to be able to use front fall as well as rise, which you can't do without dropbed/back-tilt.

The other movement that I wanted to explore was forward tilting of the rear standard by combining tripod and camera movements, which also requires the back-tilt.

With the front standard set to forward tilt, Scheimpflug stuff is a little faster, but the other movements are not possible.

I'm very new to all this, but I have already found a couple of situations where front fall would be useful, which is why I decided to do the swap back.

Please excuse me if I have misunderstood something along the way.

Pete

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Actually the front standard is so quick and easy to reverse, I did wonder if it was part of the original design/intention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin