Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,057   Online: 996

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

2 prong pin flash sync

Having acquired a couple of US made LF lenses are adaptors available to the more modern flash sync leads.

Or do I make something myself :-)

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can get cords for bipole sync from Paramount.

If you're connecting to a strobe system like Norman that use a household-type sync cable, you can even use an electric shaver cord. Those were the days, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, since you're in UK, getting a proper thingy from Paramount Cords in the USA might be expensive...

Anyway, I was just waiting for the right opportunity to show off my latest DIY gizmo - just what you need

Costs almost nothing to make - just a little patience. Doesn't look pretty, but works - and that counts (as you can see from the fancy lens cap, I don't care much about the looks ).

In short, it's a power connector from a PC computer - like the ones connected to hard disks, CD units, etc. Open a PC, and you'll se what I mean. Getting one shouldn't be a problem

Denis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1369.JPG   IMG_1370.JPG   IMG_1371.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no end to what you could use, mine was made with aligator clips and a spare pc sync cord. Nice solution Denis!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlashCord.jpg   graphexCord.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin