Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,127   Online: 846

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Next question? Polaroid?

With the B&J kit I received 2 bodies. One of the bodies has a back attached so that a polaroid holder can be used, which was included also. I received a couple of packs of both color & B&W polaroid film with the kit. There are no instructions with the film. Once I make the exposure what do I do next?

Thanks again,
    Brad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid made/make a load of different films, most need a little warmth in colder climates, just look on the film pack and go to the Polaroid site for details.

Normally though, load, then pull the film sheath out - expose push sheath back, -move roller lever then pull out carefully - that breaks the chemical pod and spreads across the negative. Time depends on the film type.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, when sliding the Polaroid packet into the holder, make sure the correct side is facing the opening. You should see a little circle with cross-hairs.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For proper Polaroid development, with the Holder Processing arm in the correct position, pull the film packet out of the holder with a smooth even motion. Otherwise the film may process unevenly. After the film is processed for the proper length of time based upon the temperature, carefully peel the paper sheets away from the film or negative.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again everyone. I'm going to give it a try this weekend!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    "... load, then pull the film sheath out - expose push sheath back, -move roller lever then pull out carefully - that breaks the chemical pod and spreads across the negative..."
    One other thing, Brad. Some Polaroid films (eg, Type 55) require coating the positive or clearing the negative. If you don't want to carry a container of clearing solution with you, you can always develop the film later. Just omit "move the roller lever" (above). Pull it right out.

Then, when you get home, reinsert the film into the holder and continue with Ian's directions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob01721
    One other thing, Brad. Some Polaroid films (eg, Type 55) require coating the positive or clearing the negative. If you don't want to carry a container of clearing solution with you, you can always develop the film later. Just omit "move the roller lever" (above).
    Press the release button, and then...

Pull it right out.

Then, when you get home, reinsert the film into the holder and continue with Ian's directions.
    A couple of other suggestions--Store Polaroid film flat so the chemicals don't all flow to one side and cause uneven results.

If the film is old, don't be surprised if there are undeveloped corners.

At first, you might find it easier to remove the back, set it on the edge of a table, and pull straight out, if you're having problems getting an even pull. It should take about 1 second to pull the packet through the rollers--not too fast.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Press the release button, and then...
    Oops! Thanks, David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What Brad failed to mention is that this is pack film. Polaroid 405, not 545 as some have assumed. Had I been online more and working less these past few days, I could have eliminated some confusion. I know this detail because I'm the one that sent it to him.
    Brad, call me if you have any questions.
    Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin