Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,857   Online: 936

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I use a long corridor with a window in one end and a cupboard door in the other. I focus the image of the window on the door, lens simply hand-held. If I then mark of the width of the image, I can read the focal length directly off my "pre-calibrated" previous scratches.

If the lens is a Rapid Rectilinear, there are only two lens groups of two elements each. Either one will give a viewable image, with a focal length of a bit more than twice that of the combined lens. If neither (or either) group won't give an image, it's not a RR.

Many Anastigmats consist of one group that will focus and one which won't. If neither will, you might have two front groups in one barrel...
    Ole, I think this Queen Lens might have two mismatched cells. I have tried the approach of obtaining a picture on the white wall and using either cell by themself or combined, no picture appears and the lens barrel is almost flush on the wall. I believe it is going to be a paperweight if I can't get a refund....maybe the flange will work on another lens which comes my way.
    Thanks one and all for your assistance.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well here is the update....the lens is being returned for a full refund. I realize there is not much money involved, but I wanted to posted this because the Ebay Seller, IMO, is honorable and has the strong character of standing behind his items, even though he is not required to provide a refund.

I highly recommend this Ebay seller as a result. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Best wishes and Happy Easter, Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I finally found an RR in all of my junk. If my tests and calculations are correct, each cell of yours should focus at about 25 inches

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin