Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,893   Online: 997

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Congrats on the 6x12 back! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I guess that means that now you can get some mo' local kine E-6 processing.
    I'm really looking forward to trying it, but Calypso will get the film for processing. I don't think there is anyone left here who processes E6. I didn't mention it but, the largest and oldest camera store (Francis Camera) in the state is going out of business next week - that only leaves a couple of small stores and Ritz/Wolf.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I don't think there is anyone left here who processes E6.
    http://www.4photolab.com/Pages/services01.html They are a sponsor of apug!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I've used them for B&W, and they do good work, and I will use them again. However, for E6, they are much more expensive than Calypso ($2.00 per sheet versus $1.30) - that little difference adds up when you are doing hundreds of sheets.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jim at MPEX is as good as it gets. He has responded to me via e-mail from Japan, despite jet lag and has always followed through on anything he ever told me. I have bought several used lenses from him. Each better than advertised. Each looks like it has never been used.

He sold me a used Walker Titan 4x5 SF. The back was a bit loose and Mike Walker told me he would fix it for free and give the camera an overhaul if I shipped it to him. Jim had me ship it to him and then he shipped it to Mike for free. I should get it back this week.

By the way, the Walker is a very very nice camera. Rigid, good movements, very well made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've done business with Jimmy & Stu for about 13 years. They have been flawless, honest, fast, precise AND usually great prices. This applies to both email and telephone contact. Have bought 35 mm, 120, 4x5 and 5x7 equipment and lenses- oh, and film and paper too... plus all of the little accessories you need like cable releases (he has GOOD ones), hoods, filters, holders, cases, etc.
    I get back East about once a year and try to drive by the store and stop in- just to torture myself. Best if April comes along and holds my wallet and check book...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I'm really looking forward to trying it, but Calypso will get the film for processing. I don't think there is anyone left here who processes E6. I didn't mention it but, the largest and oldest camera store (Francis Camera) in the state is going out of business next week - that only leaves a couple of small stores and Ritz/Wolf.
    That's too bad about Francis Camera. I think I stopped in there once on one of our trips out to the islands. Is that little place still hanging on? I've put at least three people in touch with them about that big Linhof TL, but I don't think anyone bought it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    That's too bad about Francis Camera. I think I stopped in there once on one of our trips out to the islands. Is that little place still hanging on? I've put at least three people in touch with them about that big Linhof TL, but I don't think anyone bought it.
    Yes, it is still there; they have a real niche market, their sales mostly come from college students looking for B&W film.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Based on my experiences, Jim is as good as its gets when purchasing photo gear. Jim has treated me extremely well.

For E6, I use Color Services (now Specialty Color Services) in Santa Barbara. $1.75 per sheet. They have been extremely consistent and reliable over the years. They also process B&W. http://www.colorservices.com/

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Jim is one of the best people I know. Honest and a pleasure to deal with. If I ever need anything I use Mid West are their service is just top notch.

Best in the business as far as I am concerned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin