Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,493   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Great Service at Midwest Photo Exchange

All,

I just wanted to pass along my recent experience with Midwest Photo Exchange.

I just purchased a used Horseman 6x12 back from them for my Toyo. I ordered it on Friday, and received it today. Even though it is used, it looks brand new. Before I bought this item, I asked Jim, at MPEX, a number of questions, which he promptly answered. I am very happy with the quality of the service I received from them, and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Now to play with my new toy.....
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

MPX

Jim is a totally honest and real guy. Several years ago I sold them a large lot of Photographic paper. The deal was done over the phone and I recieved my payment fast. No BS or lies involved. I've also bought several used lenses from them that were pristine. One would be hard pressed to find a better retailor.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently bought a spotmeter off their website, nothing major, but the price was great, the meter was shipped promptly and was in great condition. MPEX is a great company for used gear and I'll certainly buy from them again.

- Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I used to live in Columbus about 10 years ago and dropped by often for their out of date film specials and their bargain basement that was FULL of Graflex parts (all new).

Now, I don't get over there so often, but can highly recommend them from past experience.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have totaly different opinion on MPX. I attempted to contact them several times with e-mail. Through they eBay store and directly trough their WEB site and never received any answer. I'm living in Bulgaria and transcontinental phone calls are not the most appropriate way of making contacts. Anyway I definitely lost interest. It is pity because in the time of shrinking analog photography market we all must try to support each other!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have purchased from them over the phone, through their web site and through their eBay store with absolutely no problems, but 100% satisfaction. I have purchased used Ebony, Hasselblad and Jobo gear, plus new color calibration software. In my book they are one of the best!
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Large Format
    Indeed, great to deal with. But... if Jims out on a shopping run it could be like banging your head against a wall if your looking for L/F. Which brings up a point for Adonchev. When Jim's not around I, e-mail him to his address. He's been in the middle of nowhere and will get back to you when he gets to his motel room at night. Providing that they have internet access.

With all the junk mail you get today the stores computer may have a filter that rejects your e-mail thinking it's like a morgage offer from Nigeria.

If I don't know the person sending me something or recognize the subject as being intended for me it's deleted faster than you can kiss a duck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've also had good experiences with MPEX for LF things. It's good to know there's a place where you can order a Sinar lensboard with an Ilex #5 flange, and know they'll have it in stock and make it up properly without having to explain anything.

Congrats on the 6x12 back! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I guess that means that now you can get some mo' local kine E-6 processing.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Indeed, great to deal with. But... if Jims out on a shopping run it could be like banging your head against a wall if your looking for L/F. Which brings up a point for Adonchev. When Jim's not around I, e-mail him to his address. He's been in the middle of nowhere and will get back to you when he gets to his motel room at night. Providing that they have internet access.

With all the junk mail you get today the stores computer may have a filter that rejects your e-mail thinking it's like a morgage offer from Nigeria.

If I don't know the person sending me something or recognize the subject as being intended for me it's deleted faster than you can kiss a duck.
    I second this. I had dealt with a snooty young girl over the phone, and was run in circles. Jim was not pleased that he had not been told about this. Jim took care of the problem, and gave me his private contact info in the process. put your emails attn: Jim and hopefully Adonchev you will get exactly what you want.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have had good success with Midwest Photo Exchange. This includes buying directly from them many years ago at Photo Plus East at the Javitts Center in NYC and with Jim over the telephone.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin