Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,278   Online: 802

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

figuring out coverage on a lens

There is a Meyer Doppel Anastigmat 135mm lens on ebay going for very low right now. How do I figure out the coverage on this puppy? It seems to have been used on 4x5, but I have a 5x7.

The item is number 7610054720

thanks,
    allan

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If it's an f:6.8, it's the same as a Dagor. I just bought a 240...

The 135mm isn't supposed to cover 5x7". Whether or not it does depends more on what you think about the results than what the maker thinks. I know that, having just tested a 90mm Angulon on 5x7"...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole,
    Thanks. However, this is a 4.5, and this thread:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...id=00FAPY&tag=

indicates that it's a dialyte rather than a dagor.

I'm okay with vignetting in order to get a wider angle, but if we're talking about not even coming close to enough coverage that's different than just slight vignetting.

At that price, I'll throw a bid in anyway, probably.

allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    If it's an f:6.8, it's the same as a Dagor. I just bought a 240...

The 135mm isn't supposed to cover 5x7". Whether or not it does depends more on what you think about the results than what the maker thinks. I know that, having just tested a 90mm Angulon on 5x7"...
    Ole, look before you leap. The listing says it is a Veraplan. According to the VM, the Veraplan is the taking version of the Helioplan. A dialyte. I handled a Helioplan a couple of months ago and it sure is a dialyte, not a 6/2 dagor type.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    At f4.5, I would doubt that it covers 5x7.
    As you said, though. At that price you might as well bid on it. interestingly enough, i had that lens watched too, but i dont need it so I wont bid anyway.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Won't come close to 5X7. Iffy on 4X5. There's a neat little process lens that's an f8 135mm plasmat like a G-Claron. I can't think of the different trade names but it's an E. German lens and just incredibly sharp. They're cheap because there's simply no way at all to put them in a shutter. Agfa Super Intergon?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was in the process of shutting down for the night, so I didn't check.

There are several very different things called "double anastigmat", so without a name or at least max. aperture there is simply not enough information.

This Veraplan might be off an old folding 9x12cm plate camera, and has been said already won't come close to covering anything larger than 4x5" - and probably won't cover 4x5" except barely at small apertures.

Lenses like this (135mm's) are often cheaper with the camera than without.

The good thing is that that looks like a standard #1 shutter!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin