Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,528   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like I mentioned to another guy, you might try Ray Morgenweck at Star Camera Company, he just made me a tripod for my 16 lb. B&J 810, it is a well built plain jane that looks very good. Cost $165 plus shipping. Pat
    [SIZE=2]Shadow Catcher[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Star Camera Co.; checked it out.....interesting stuff if anyone is interested:
    http://www.geocities.com/starcameracompany/index2.htm

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I tried to check the link out but got this message;

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hey Kev,

We have talked about tripods before, and I think you should take my suggestion and go for the Ries Model-A with A-200 head. The combination of the wooden tripod which dampens vibration, and the large head...you will never have ANY movement or vibration of your camera. I don't know if your ever planning to shoot larger, but you might regret limiting yourself to the smaller tripod, and at some point needing something larger.

My old Ries is from the 40's (maybe abit older), and still has over 100 years left in it. I can promise you that a Ries will be the last tripod you ever need to purchase.

Both Ansel Adams and Edward Weston used Ries Tripods, so you know they were good!

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    I tried to check the link out but got this message;

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.
    Hmm, Kevin. Just tried the direct link and it brought me to the site. There aren't any examples of the custom tripods, but it was neat to check out the cameras they build. Cameron

Just found a bit of info. on the tripods under "wet plate equipment" and "price list"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agGNOME
    "... Just found a bit of info. on the tripods under 'wet plate equipment' and 'price list.'"
    Very interesting! There are pics of his pods on the camera pages—supporting his cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob01721
    Very interesting! There are pics of his pods on the camera pages—supporting his cameras.
    oops, should have figured

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin