Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,522   Online: 1041

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793
    Not one person has said one thing about wooden tripods except the zone VI tripod. It is proven (believe it or not) in leica Magazine that wood dampens vibration more than any other type of tripod. If you are going to do LF or for sure ULF you need a wooden tripod with weight. The best is Ries tripods. they have several types and for 8x10 or larger you have to go with the big boy. Exposures are usually 1/2 sec to mins and a light weight tripods is going to get you nothing but movement. My friend puts a pan head ($600.00) on his tripod for the 8x10 and complains about vibration. I use the Ries head which has a 6" square platform and I put a thin piece of cork on top so keep any rotation form occuring when the 8x10 or the 8x20 is tilted.

I wrote the post above yours mentioning the use of Ries J 600 and A 100 tripods with appropriate heads.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    I wrote the post above yours mentioning the use of Ries J 600 and A 100 tripods with appropriate heads.

John Powers
    Yes you did and I totally blew this one all together. Sorry my mistake in reading too fast.

P.S. I love the area where you live. my wife and I use to live in Brecskville and her dad worked in Bath.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a ballhead - a huge, heavy UniLoc head, no quickrelease, and a wooden tripod (a Stabil Tredel). Except when I use the really big, old and brittle cameras; then I use a Gandolfi Minor tripod of the same vintage as the cameras (around 1910).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793
    Yes you did and I totally blew this one all together. Sorry my mistake in reading too fast.

P.S. I love the area where you live. my wife and I use to live in Brecskville and her dad worked in Bath.

You are getting too much sun on your head in Florida Michael. Come back and visit the land of no sun. I read where we have as many cloudy days as Seattle.
    You will return to Florida quickly. Either that or lets talk short term house swap next winter.

John Powers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin