Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,432   Online: 795

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oh, my hand slipped on the mouse...

Well it was frightfully cheap, but I will still be in the dog house...

Calumet monorail with a Kodak 170mm, f6.3 lens, 3 holders and a light meter for $90.

You infected me with your disease.

I swear the dog just said "deardorf"...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calumet.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the dark slide.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    Kino,

At least, YOU got away cheap!

When I first started into LF photography I also made my very first bid on e**y at about the same time... on a LF camera. Well, I hit the enter key and ended up winning a brand NIB Sinar X AND then...a brand NIB Sinar F2. Imagine my surprise!

I thought the bid on the X didn't get registered and, therefore, I didn't win it. Of course, as it happened, the auctions ended within seconds of each other. So, that's when I thought, "better make a bid on the F2." The end result was that I ended up winning BOTH cameras!

In retrospect, I can chuckle over the incident. But, at the time... I thought, "holy *$&%*, what am I going to do with 2 brand new, expensive Sinar 4x5 cameras???" My wife, needless to say, had one BIG chuckle over "my" situation!

Fortunately or, unfortunately, I wasn't fully aware of how e**y worked or how the second bid might have been retracted. Even if I did... I probably wouldn't have done so considering I was the final bidder and it wouldn't have been fair to the seller. It was a pretty funny experience.

So, for what you paid for your camera... I hope your stay in the doghouse isn't a prolonged one!

Anyway, welcome to the world of LF imaging... go out, burn some film, and have fun with the new camera!

Cheers

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That was a cheap "slip", compared to my $2000 one...

But at least I got a fine Carbon Infinity for it.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino

Calumet monorail with a Kodak 170mm, f6.3 lens, 3 holders and a light meter for $90.
    Kino,
    With a little black silicone and some plumbing, you could turn the doghouse into a smaller version of your darkroom.
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    That was a cheap "slip", compared to my $2000 one...

But at least I got a fine Carbon Infinity for it.
    Ole, I've been meaning to ask if y'r Carbon is the one that got no bids at $1,750. As has been pointed out, there aren't very many of them.

Cheers,

Dan

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Ole, I've been meaning to ask if y'r Carbon is the one that got no bids at $1,750.
    I don't know, I can't find that one. Mine is one that failed to reach reserve price, but the seller decided it was close enough. With postage and Norwegian taxes it ended up at just about $2000. A lot of money, but for a lot of camera. And a camera that could have been designed for my use, even!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frank, looks like a great deal to me. Which meter did you "select" with this deal, was it a nice, new digital spot meter? This sounds like an excellent way to work to me. All you need is a sturdy tripod and a trip out to shoot now. Want to see some prints! tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden
    Kino,
    With a little black silicone and some plumbing, you could turn the doghouse into a smaller version of your darkroom.
    Chris
    You know, it just might work...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kino,

Look at it this way, at leasts it is spring and the weather for the most part is pretty nice, I bought my first one in the dead of winter! which here in Montana, is down right COLD!

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin