Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,509   Online: 787

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Mike, our last planned outing for this season is May 6th, Saturday morning. Its to Big Talbot Island on the north-side of Jacksonville. Its an island thats being eroded away so there are large live oaks, etc. falling into the ocean - very picturesque dynamic coastline. PM me if any questions (ps: also a buckeye, though KSU grad).
    Doug,
    I would love to come for that but I have a commitment to my sons school to help them out this weekend. This is the third thing I had to turn down this coming weekend. When it rains it pours. But please keep me in mind for this coming fall when you guys go on a field trip. I think my first weekend open believe it or not is in August to do anything.

Four 1st round picks from OSU to the NFL
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas papa
    Tried that email and got a bounce. Must not be active.
    We should put together a group for SW Florida. At least Tampa and South. I'm looking for a week in June to shoot and relearn LF.
    Appreciate your comments about the wood in this heat and humidity. My greatest concern would be the screws loosening over time. Do you have the Ebony or Mahogany model?
    Tnx
    tom
    tampa
    I tried his website and it worked.
    I would love to go to the hillsborough park to photograph the hillsborough river. I hear it is really nice. we have rivers and streams hear but everything is flat not much to see.
    I we can get enough people together we could pick a spot and spend a Saturday photographing. Another great place is Myaka state park. I have been there and that is nice too.

As for wood and the different parts lossening up. htat hasn't been the problem. sometimes you willget the opposite. the camera will be had to focus. depending on the camera. My ebony and deardorffs are all mahogany.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793
    Dave,
    have you gone to the quarry on Islamerada (sp). I've been there once. hard to shoot but I think there is something I can get out of there. I'm passing through there the end of next month and I'm going to try with my 8x20 to get something from it.

mike
    Mike I havent photographed Islameralda with the big camera.....I have had a few drinks there! I have been concentrating on indigenous plants and the older ship yards...down around Stock Island area...as of now It looks like I will be back in Sept with the 7 x 17...so lets keep in touch....I often have 8 x 10 processed in Coral Gables as I do not have a dark room set up down there yet but am working on it....

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793
    I tried his website and it worked.
    I would love to go to the hillsborough park to photograph the hillsborough river. I hear it is really nice. we have rivers and streams hear but everything is flat not much to see.
    I we can get enough people together we could pick a spot and spend a Saturday photographing. Another great place is Myaka state park. I have been there and that is nice too.

As for wood and the different parts lossening up. htat hasn't been the problem. sometimes you willget the opposite. the camera will be had to focus. depending on the camera. My ebony and deardorffs are all mahogany.
    Just received a processed roll of MF trans from Hillosborough Park. Yes it is very nice. I'm awed by the shear vertical size of the trees and palms. I've got a 35 and 150 for the MF. The WA is nice, would like to be able to have some rise with the lens. The 150 feels too short. Have heard about Myaka.
    I may have this coming weekend. The following weekend is out, then things open up until the first week of July.
    I've been concentrating on Ft Desoto lately. The April full moon rose at nine pm just under the skyway bridge. Not sure about the track for the other months but that is easy enough to check. Some very nice late day light across bays into the sunset. The bridge with a long lens and the moon anywhere in the scene would be a shot. The superstructure does glow some.
    Send me a PM if you would like to check schedules. I'm shooting MF until I can figure out which magic bullet camera is going to be the one. The Arca F metric compact field, Ebony or ??
    I am waiting on a scanner from Hblad. 949 due any day. Demo deal. Wish I had the G5 MacIntel Quad : )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Mike, our last planned outing for this season is May 6th, Saturday morning. Its to Big Talbot Island on the north-side of Jacksonville. Its an island thats being eroded away so there are large live oaks, etc. falling into the ocean - very picturesque dynamic coastline. PM me if any questions (ps: also a buckeye, though KSU grad).
    Doug, Mike ...

Love to join you guys on this trip. I live in Orlando. Shoot 8x10 love to find some more people in Florida that I can go shooting large format with. By the way I am also a KSU grad (1983 BS Geology). Please let me know.
    Thanks Thomas Z.

Shooter
    Large Format

Florida Regional Forum

Since there seems to be some of us APUG'ers scatterred around Florida, I'd suggest that we ask Sean to create a separate Florida Forum under the Community -> Regional Forums section. We could thereby announce any outings, gallery showings, etc. that would be of interest to those who live or visit Florida.
    Is there any interest in such a forum?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that is a great idea, I'm all for it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Mike I havent photographed Islameralda with the big camera.....I have had a few drinks there! I have been concentrating on indigenous plants and the older ship yards...down around Stock Island area...as of now It looks like I will be back in Sept with the 7 x 17...so lets keep in touch....I often have 8 x 10 processed in Coral Gables as I do not have a dark room set up down there yet but am working on it....

Dave in Vegas
    Dave,
    That sounds like a great idea. I also have a friend I have taught how to photograph and uses 4x5 and 8x10. He prints in his garage late at night when it is cooler and only prints Azo. We both took Michael and Paula's workshop last year. Week after memorial weekend I have a meeting in Key West. I hope to photograph on the way back and while I'm down there. most of the people coming to this meeting have never been there so they are doing all the tourist type things so that will give me some time to go out on my own. SO like you said lets keep in touch and do a weekend in the keys!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas papa
    Just received a processed roll of MF trans from Hillosborough Park. Yes it is very nice. I'm awed by the shear vertical size of the trees and palms. I've got a 35 and 150 for the MF. The WA is nice, would like to be able to have some rise with the lens. The 150 feels too short. Have heard about Myaka.
    I may have this coming weekend. The following weekend is out, then things open up until the first week of July.
    I've been concentrating on Ft Desoto lately. The April full moon rose at nine pm just under the skyway bridge. Not sure about the track for the other months but that is easy enough to check. Some very nice late day light across bays into the sunset. The bridge with a long lens and the moon anywhere in the scene would be a shot. The superstructure does glow some.
    Send me a PM if you would like to check schedules. I'm shooting MF until I can figure out which magic bullet camera is going to be the one. The Arca F metric compact field, Ebony or ??
    I am waiting on a scanner from Hblad. 949 due any day. Demo deal. Wish I had the G5 MacIntel Quad : )
    Thomas,

I know it's hard to pick which camera you want to get. I have gone through 6-7 LF cameras till I settled or just got tired of buying, and got deardorffs and ebony. Then I had the size problem. 4x5? 5x7? 8x10? well I have them all. Now I'm shooting a custom 8x20 deardorff that was a 8x10 deardorff rebuild by a guy in austria. He made three of them kept one and I bought another and I think someone has already purchased the third. I have the eboney RW45 and RW810. Basic cameras but do everything I want at this time. I have a rollie 6003 outfit but just don't seem to get down to that small of format anymore. But I'll keep it I know someday I won't be able to handle the big cameras anymore. hopefully when I get to be 90 yoa.
    I just purchased a mircotek TMA 1000 xl. which allows you to scan negs up to 16" x 12" and prints up to 17x12". problem is if it is over 16" you have to scan across the glass and then use the panoramic part of the adobe photoshop elelments 3.0. but it does a great job of stitching the two halves. you can see in some of my 8x20 work on the site. It is costly but when my scanner for scanning X-rays goes I will replace it with this one and get something else.

I thought I would share some of the thinks I have done and experienced. Any questions on equipment or the scanner I will be more than happy to anwser them.

I usually go up to see my mother at suncity andstop at mayaka on the way up in the morning. I think I may be going up next friday since it is mother's day weekend. When I have a chance I will let you guys know when I'm going to drive up to hillsborough park. Hope soon.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by traupach
    Doug, Mike ...

Love to join you guys on this trip. I live in Orlando. Shoot 8x10 love to find some more people in Florida that I can go shooting large format with. By the way I am also a KSU grad (1983 BS Geology). Please let me know.
    Thanks Thomas Z.
    I'm going to be in Orlando the third weekend in june for a meeting. Can you give me some tips on wooded areas and stream or waterfalls or anything like that in the area that I can use my 8x10 and 8x20 on. I'm going to sneak out and grab some shooting time. during my stay up there.

I was a OU Bobcat, CLass of 1970 (old man) BFA photography, CCC- AS in computer science Class of 1982, CWRU school of Dentistry- DDS 1988. THen my wife made me work for a living so she could relax. Damn!
    I work to play. It is easier to work and photograph than making photography your work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin