Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,665   Online: 1236

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Since there seems to be some of us APUG'ers scatterred around Florida, I'd suggest that we ask Sean to create a separate Florida Forum under the Community -> Regional Forums section. We could thereby announce any outings, gallery showings, etc. that would be of interest to those who live or visit Florida.
    Is there any interest in such a forum?

Great' Idea how do you go about it.

Mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I live in St. Augustine, FL. and would love to see a spot for us Floridians in the regional forums. Im not shooting LF yet but am on the hunt for a nice, cheap (or nice and cheap) 4x5 to get started on. PM me if anyone plans to shoot the nations oldest city.

Shooter
    Large Format

Florida Regional Group

Sean was nice enough to set it up, so hopefully we can better coordinate outings.
    JTatman, there are at least a couple of us APUG'ers in the Jacksonville area; and we frequently go to St Augustine. I need to pick up a print from St Aug Art Assoc so may be in area this Sunday. Best price for starting in 4X5 format would probably be a Graphlex. They're sturdy, though lacking in most movements.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    I live in Valdosta, GA. That's South GA. but close enough for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Sean was nice enough to set it up, so hopefully we can better coordinate outings.
    JTatman, there are at least a couple of us APUG'ers in the Jacksonville area; and we frequently go to St Augustine. I need to pick up a print from St Aug Art Assoc so may be in area this Sunday. Best price for starting in 4X5 format would probably be a Graphlex. They're sturdy, though lacking in most movements.
    That sounds great! Thanks Sean. Doug, I will be out of town for the next several weekends so this weekend is not good for me. I am in the process of building my second darkroom after a 5 year hiatus. I think I will practice perfecting my abilities on the smaller 35mm & 120 while researching, saving and shopping for a LF system. 95% of my photos are landscape so (correct me if Im wrong) movements should not be my biggest concern in a view camera. Something sturdy with the best lens I can get my hands on would suit me just fine. I just recently got married ( 2 yrs next wk) and bought a house so $ is somewhat of a problem but thats what this great forum is for. I have seen some nice systems for a good price over the last few weeks that I have been on APUG. Have to get a good spot meter as well. O-well, all in time. I will be keeping an eye on the Florida region forum for an outing that I maybe able to make. Thanks all.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Family is going to St A June 8th for a week. Might join them a couple of days. Will PM if that works out on a weekend.
    tom
    tampa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin