Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,112   Online: 1043

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Are there any APUGERS in southwest Flordia

I see all the APUG user groups around the country. I was wondering if there are enough people in south west flordia to have a user group
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Michael I am Tampa. Have an H2 and am in the process of looking for a 4x5. Trying to decide wood versus metal. Once owned a Wisner. Worried about our heat and humidity.
    Tom tgpapa@mac.com
    Tampa

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I spend part of each year ( up to 3 months) on Big Pine Key...have been doing some 8 x 10 work there and throughout the lower Keys...also 35 mm -White Crown Pigeon....most of the year I am in Las Vegas.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is a Central Florida LF group Not sure of its current status but they may have some members close to your area. Our little group in NE Florida is dwindling down to just hard-core (sore back) LFs.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tom,
    all I use is wooden cameras. I have a ebony 4x5 and 8x10 also a 8x10,5x7 and a 8x20 deardorff. I use the ebony 8x10 and the deardorff 8x20 most of the time. you do see some difference in the camera. I went to Arizona for two weeks and found how much losser the camera became. Most of my work is in the swamps and I'm fighting bugs and humitity all the time. Love it.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    I spend part of each year ( up to 3 months) on Big Pine Key...have been doing some 8 x 10 work there and throughout the lower Keys...also 35 mm -White Crown Pigeon....most of the year I am in Las Vegas.
    Dave,
    have you gone to the quarry on Islamerada (sp). I've been there once. hard to shoot but I think there is something I can get out of there. I'm passing through there the end of next month and I'm going to try with my 8x20 to get something from it.

mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    There is a Central Florida LF group Not sure of its current status but they may have some members close to your area. Our little group in NE Florida is dwindling down to just hard-core (sore back) LFs.
    When do you guys go on your field trips. I may want to meet up with you guys by driving up on Froday if you do a Saturday thing and go out with you and then drive back on Sunday.
    It would be some nice different landscape for a change.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave, have you gone to the quarry on Islamerada (sp).
    Nothing to add to the thread. Just wanted to say that I've not seen that name for some time (Islamorada Key). Great places to make photos in the Keys (loved Bahia Honda). Of course, I'm sure alot has changed since I graduated from high school at Key West High way back when . Would love to see what you all come up with if you head down there!!

Shooter
    Large Format

Big Talbot Island

Mike, our last planned outing for this season is May 6th, Saturday morning. Its to Big Talbot Island on the north-side of Jacksonville. Its an island thats being eroded away so there are large live oaks, etc. falling into the ocean - very picturesque dynamic coastline. PM me if any questions (ps: also a buckeye, though KSU grad).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tried that email and got a bounce. Must not be active.
    We should put together a group for SW Florida. At least Tampa and South. I'm looking for a week in June to shoot and relearn LF.
    Appreciate your comments about the wood in this heat and humidity. My greatest concern would be the screws loosening over time. Do you have the Ebony or Mahogany model?
    Tnx
    tom
    tampa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin