Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 77,653   Posts: 1,714,987   Online: 971

Multi Format

Bender went cheap!

Gawd. Someone just got an assembled Bender 4x5 kit for $79 US on "that" auction site!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Multi Format
    What I see as the great downside of getting this kind of camera pre-built is, unless it was assembled *by Bender*, I'd be forever wondering if the fellow who built it did everything correctly. They're supposed to be better than the Aletta (of which I have one that I don't get much use from becuase the bellows isn't light tight, doesn't compress enough to focus infinity with a 135 mm lens or allow any movements with a 150 mm, but won't stretch enough to focus nearer than the horizon with a 300 mm -- I'll get it fixed up eventually), but so much is dependent on the builder's skill and ability to follow directions.

Honestly, I'd probably pay more for a complete Bender kit than a non-factory built-up Bender camera...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin