Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bender went cheap!

Gawd. Someone just got an assembled Bender 4x5 kit for $79 US on "that" auction site!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I see as the great downside of getting this kind of camera pre-built is, unless it was assembled *by Bender*, I'd be forever wondering if the fellow who built it did everything correctly. They're supposed to be better than the Aletta (of which I have one that I don't get much use from becuase the bellows isn't light tight, doesn't compress enough to focus infinity with a 135 mm lens or allow any movements with a 150 mm, but won't stretch enough to focus nearer than the horizon with a 300 mm -- I'll get it fixed up eventually), but so much is dependent on the builder's skill and ability to follow directions.

Honestly, I'd probably pay more for a complete Bender kit than a non-factory built-up Bender camera...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin