Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,850   Online: 889

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shenhao - How Wide can you go?

With a 4x5 Shenhao what is the most extreme wide angle lens anyone is using? I have a bag bellows and an 80mm lens now. If you have any experiences I like to know. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an older Shen Hao with the standard bellows, this one doesn't interchange. I use a 65mm Angulon on it quite regularly. Theres very little movement possible with it. You have to set the front standard at the front of the rail and do the preliminary focus bringing the rear standard up from the rear so the rail doesn't show in the frame. I haven't seen any falloff of illumniation with this lens yet.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I had a Shen and used a Fujinon 90 with no problems at all with the standard bellows. I think I could get a bit wider but the 90 was all I had.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, so far I do with 90mm (Caltar-N II f/6.8) with SH regular bellows. Its certainly doable, but gets already stiff and if more then moderate movements are required for this lens it can tricky.
    I made up my mind for their bag bellow particularily to work conveniently with 90mm lens (don't intend to go wider so far).

Alex

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shoot a 75 with the bag bellows on the Shen Hao. If I don't need much movement, I shoot the 75 with the standard bellows too. I believe that with the bag, you can use a 58 even with a flat lensboard. I would use a recessed board with anything super-wide like a 65, 58 or 47, and the bag bellows, just to insure that you get enough flexibility for movement of the standards. At those extremely short lengths, your rear element of the lens is literally a few milimeters from the ground glass, and the standards are hard against one another.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin