Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,723   Online: 892

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Large Format Journal Spring 2006 Issue Available

I just noticed that the spring 2006 issue of the Large format Journal is out. I would assume that the editors will make an 'official' posting here at some point.

I'm not sure what else is in there, but there is an interview which I did with APUG sponser and supporter J&C Photo regarding the future of film and their position on it. While I don't claim to be the next Geraldo (probably a good thing...) I think most LF and ULF APUGers might find it interesting.

Plus, I'm sure there are tons of other articles and samples of some excellent work. I find it encouraging that someone is putting in the effort for a new resource in the LF area rather than decrying the death of film...

The link is here if you are interested.
    Cheers,
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard,

It also contains an interview I did with John Wimberley and an article by Joe Freeman, both of them members of the Contact Printers Guild.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Question - I just now paid on-line, so now how long do I wait to get my password e-amiled to me so I can downlaod and read it? Just checked my e-mail, and while I got a receipt, no password yet.

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After reading this I have also paid my $4.95 USD but haven't received a password yet. Perhaps it isn't automated.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It used to work manually but i'm not actually involved with the magazine directly and things may have changed. One of the editors would get the Paypal notice then send you a password to your email address. I don't know how long it actually takes though. Since they are mostly, if not entirely, in the UK, the time difference might have an effect. I believe London is 5 hours ahead of NYC.

Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin
    It used to work manually but i'm not actually involved with the magazine directly and things may have changed. One of the editors would get the Paypal notice then send you a password to your email address. I don't know how long it actually takes though. Since they are mostly, if not entirely, in the UK, the time difference might have an effect. I believe London is 5 hours ahead of NYC.

Richard
    Pretty off putting. They should at least have a notation on their payment page alerting the user as to what to expect. Sucking your customer's money into what is perceived as a black hole is not exactly a good way to build confidence.

My attitude at this point is: this Journal better be damn good!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I purchased a subscription two issues back. The password worked for that one, but not the next. It will be interesting to see if the password will work with this issue. I have my doubts.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have subscribed before, and both times the password was sent within 24 hours. The instructions say that the payment must be authenticated before the password is sent. That's okay with me -- I can wait a day. The two previous issues were quite good, I thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also paid and received no reply and I'm in the UK. I also sent an email and received no reply. I know it's only a couple of pounds but still....
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I paid for the spring issue yesterday morning at this time and got an email with the password a few minutes ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin