Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,839   Posts: 1,582,470   Online: 762

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New - improved LF forum up and running

For anyone who hasn't ever bothered to visit it in its old form, the LF Forum has a new look (same software as apug now) and is up and running well (lots of chatter about the new software right now)

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/index.php

Very useful as it has years of old info archived. As well, it is linked to probably the best online LF resources - answers many for our recurring questions and some for questions you haven't even thought of yet:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info

(a warning to the sensitive and highly strung - you are allowed to discuss digital there, as well as analogue...)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    (a warning to the sensitive and highly strung - you are allowed to discuss digital there, as well as analogue...)
    ...so long as it involves a big camera, or at least a not too small one that can be bent into funny shapes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    ...so long as it involves a big camera, or at least a not too small one that can be bent into funny shapes.
    yes, the bigotry across there is reserved for those who use funny little toy cameras like Hasselblads and such :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like it enough that I post with my full name. I have not seen too many heated discussions, other than the relevant merit of some photographers works. There was a good Burtynsky and Gursky thread not long ago, though maybe a little like "What Is Art?" sort of thread. Mostly very civilized.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While a big fan of and long-time member of that forum, I must take issue with the thread title. There's nothing improved about the LF forum. Its software was simply changed from a clean, straighforward customized design to the same commercial product used here. Not reason to decrease my opinion of the forum's value, but certainly no cause for seeing it as "improved."

Oh lah di dah...!

Well - for one it has a wanted and for sale section (before there were no commercial posts allowed). It's also much easier to post images in a thread.

Two simple improvements for starters.

(as a well as an off topic lounge to keep the neo-cons in)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...Well - for one it has a wanted and for sale section (before there were no commercial posts allowed).
    I consider that a degradation, not an improvement.
    It's also much easier to post images in a thread.
    So now more heated discussion will appear concerning aesthetic matters about which there can be no right or wrong. Neutral at best, certainly not an improvement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like LF forum is trying to emulate what APUG is.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura
    I consider that a degradation, not an improvement.
    So now more heated discussion will appear concerning aesthetic matters about which there can be no right or wrong. Neutral at best, certainly not an improvement.
    Yes, and in addition, trolling and personal attacks have started already.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Sounds like LF forum is trying to emulate what APUG is.
    I don't think so Aggie. They just replaced their old software with the same commercial product Sean uses here. That and a new server mean more "features" are available for use/misuse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin