Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Gustavo,

The actual* dimensions of the B&J lens boards for the commercial view cameras shown above are as follows...

overall:
    5-3/16" W, 5-3/16" H, 3/8" T

the lens board is shaped like two boxes stacked one on top of the other.

The big box is:
    5-3/16" W, 5-3/16" H, 3/16" T

the little box is:
    4-3/4" W, 4-3/4" H, 3/16" T

the bottom edge of the big box has a slight bevel in it - to make it easier to fit in the front of the camera.

Does this make any sense at all?

* These are the actual dimensions that I measured. The nominal dimensions, printed on the OEM box are 5-1/4inches by 5-1/4inches.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Upon reading Jim's post i.e. Saturn, I rechecked my B and J and it is an Orbit...it is monorail and is a 100 mm (4 inch board) so there must have been a series of cameras with planetary names?

Dave, I don't know much about the B&J line but, they seem to me to have been a little casual about their names. From what I've been able to gleen from on line sources, their monorail line appears to have been comprised of the following camera names: Orbit, Saturn and Grover (monorail is hexagonal in cross section).

Mr Galli has some old B&J catalogs. Perhaps, he can elaborate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin