Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,654   Online: 637

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald,

"My position is that one can not filter and duplicate a true panchromatic material from an orthochromatic material.

Thus I stand with my earlier position that removal of something does not equate to the creation or the addition of something that is not present as an emulsion characteristic.
    "

I don't think that anyone would argue with that, or with the general principle that filters cannot add spectral sensitivity to a film.

"One can not duplicate an orthochromatic emulsion or in any way come close to it by filtering a panchromatic film.'

Going from panchro to ortho doesn't involve the addition of any sensitivity - it only involves subtraction. Filtering a pan film with a cyan filter may not exactly recreate the characteristics of ortho film, but it will come close.

Best,
    Helen

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Donald, I'm sure it was just a mental lapse.

But what you said in your original post was that there is "no way to filter a panchromatic film to make it mimic an orthochromatic film".

So you are right - now. You were wrong - then.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin