Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,598   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My 5x7 flatbed and monorail aren't that much less convenient than a 4x5, and have the advantage of a long bellows. Since losing a 5x7 Elwood in a darkroom fire years ago, I use 4x5 film in them, though. It is indeed an underrated format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i think it is pretty nice myself too.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Canham 5x7 bellows new last Fall and will be building a lighter weight full featured field camera that will take other backs also. I have everything else because I have a Seneca and Kodak 2D in that format and so I have the lenses, holders, and all the accessories. With it you can contact print and enlarge. It's ideal in my opinion you can use it in the studio and take it out without a great strain. I hope all the attention to the ULF doesn't make the film manufacturers and sellers greedy for a quick buck and ignore the smaller formats. John at JandC had Efke stock sent out and had it cut and packaged in 2x3 because, I would like to think, I kept at him for it.

Curt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I see it as a great format if you could only shoot one format. Also with the aging of the population I think more 8x10 shooters will be down sizing in their later years because of the size/weight issue.
    -Rob

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    the film size is nearly double the square inches of 4x5 20 ver 35

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its also a cool format with nice contact prints, and as a starving student I find that filmholders are cheaper than 4x5. Lenses used to be cheaper, but Gallitis seems to have taken care of that. Now if only a 5x7 Speed Graphic would come my way...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob you got that right, that's exactly what I started to think. Do I want to limit myself to shooting by the car on the side of the road with a ULF or have some freedom of range. Since I don't own pack mules it's a smaller camera or a lighter camera.

Curt

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started thinking about it when I acquired my large format enlarger, a Solar 57. But I didn't seriously look around until I started doing a lot of contact prints (specifically Cyanotypes) and just wasn't happy with a mere 4x5. So I acquired a Century 46 at a camera show (it's truly a piece of art in its own right), and am learning my way around 5x7.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know...maybe it's like buying a new Toyota Camry when you'v been driving Fords all your life. Suddenly, you wake up and realize that there are a million Camrys on the road. That ever happen to you?

I "accidentally" bought a well preserved B&J 5x7 commercial view a little while back. I've slowly been acquiring all the little extra bits to enable me to actually get out and shoot 5x7....you know, film holders, film, lens boards, etc...I guess I was kinda under the impression that 5x7 was...well, fading. I find that nothing could be further from the truth. Everywhere I look now-a-days, I see something else related to the 5x7 format.

It does seem like The Perfect Format .
    Last edited by BradS; 05-22-2006 at 02:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Jeep Wrangler and don't have to worry about looking like others I just wave as do most of the Jeep owners.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin