Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,082   Online: 917

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck in your quest, Randy.

I'd concur with the suggestion of keeping at least one lightweight 35mm for use in site documentation, etc. My 8x10 Tachi refuses to go into the field without his little buddy along.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You're going to love the big neg.
    Release the hounds.
    -Rob Skeoch
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com

Welcome to 8x10! As others have said----those big negatives are well worth it!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was planning on keeping all of my MF gear since I've got it setup just right, but I haven't exposed 35mm film in at least a year, perhaps more. I will probably just thin out the smaller equipment to free up some funds for film holders and such. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement!

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh
    Randy, there is a really nice Korona 8x10 with a 12", 19", 25" convertable lens mounted on it. Two of my friends started out shooting with this exact same camera/lens combo and they are still using it to this day. The one on Ebay is a good deal and would make a great starting camera and lens for you.
    That's the one I'm gunning for. It is just what I've been looking for for some time and although it doesn't have the rear rail, I'm a fair hand in the woodshop and I've got the 4x5 version as a model, so I think I can make something up after the fact if I feel that I need it. I just hope that I can justify going over my budget if it goes too high, becuase I really like this camera and I think I've let too many of these slip away in the past to let this one go without a fight.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was lucky enough to get a perfect condition Kodak Master 8x10 a few months ago. Two weeks later I had the opportunity to pick up a perfect condition Kodak 2D in 8x10 for a few hundred. I didn't pass that one up either. One camera is never enough...

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    What is with this "one camera is never enough" stuff? Next you will be spending your money to buy 2 different lightbulbs for contact printing.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    What is with this "one camera is never enough" stuff? Next you will be spending your money to buy 2 different lightbulbs for contact printing.

Yes.
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    Well at least you admit it.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congrats! Oh Boy, another lens customer.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin