Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,366   Online: 740

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I had a Zone VI 8x10 and it is a very sturdy camera. I use a 120mm lens and it was not easy to use on that camera so I sold it and bought a ebony 8x10. But what I wanted to say was the fitting I believe are gold plated and if you use anything on them you will rub off the finish. Mine started to pit alitlle so I used a polish on them but that was all. Have fun with the camera. Fred Picker made the cameras for the photographer big knobs. I like big knobs, solid wood, I like wood.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc
    Nice camera. I have the 4x5 version. If the 810 is anything like the 4x5, take great care with the rear standard when tilting, opening, closing, and inserting a film holder. Also make sure not to over-tighten the rear swing locks.

My camera has a wood cross-peice that the rear standard is mounted to. This appears to be a weak spot in the design of the camera. It cracked in about 3 places and I had to dissasemble the camera and epoxy it together. I'm still worried about this peice though cause the grain goes from left to right and their is alot of pressure front to rear.
    Hi Darin. The 4x5 Zone VI's weren't all made by Richard Ritter, but the 8x10's were. That's what Bruce Barlow told me, at least. You have to check out who made your camera. Furthermore, if you have a problem with the wood, Richard Ritter might be able to help. Check out his site:

http://www.lg4mat.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793
    I had a Zone VI 8x10 and it is a very sturdy camera. I use a 120mm lens and it was not easy to use on that camera so I sold it and bought a ebony 8x10. But what I wanted to say was the fitting I believe are gold plated and if you use anything on them you will rub off the finish. Mine started to pit alitlle so I used a polish on them but that was all. Have fun with the camera. Fred Picker made the cameras for the photographer big knobs. I like big knobs, solid wood, I like wood.
    I like the knobs. They're HUGE !!! I guess the designer had really big hands... I like wood, too. You should see my place. Lots of it everywhere...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks for the info about richard ritter. Maybee if I get a replacement part it will be more sturdy.

BTW.. i saw on his website that he sells large knobs, for those of you who favor them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The knobs were the size they are because we here in Vermont use our 8 x 10 in winter and made shure the knobs were big enought to work with gloves on.

Just a note of an up coming show in Brattleboror Vermont in Aug. It is on Fred Picker and Zone VI many unseem photos by Fred. Some are with a 35mm camera.

Richard Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard -

Where will the Picker show be in Brattleboro - the Photo Center?

Louie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi there, Richard. Thanks for the info. I wish Vermont was a little (a dozen thousand miles) closer to Athens, then I would be able to be there for the show...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes at the Vermont Photo center on Flat street the building behind the auto parts store.

Richard Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has a catalogue been produced for the show?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard, Is this the address?

Vermont Center For Photography: 802-251-6051
    49 Flat St, Brattleboro, VT 05301

http://www.vcphoto.org/index.htm

I would like to go...

--John

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin