Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,128   Online: 1206

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    Indiana Papantoniou?
    Michael
    Mr Mc Blame, wrong as always... Indiana Jones did not wear a classic "fedora" style felt hat. He had the "traveller" type, the one with a leather band instead of the "ribbon" type the classic hats have. The classic Borsalino is fitted with the ribbon and this is what was worn by all respectable Italians (and Italian-Americans) before the war.

I also have a borsalino with a leather band (the "traveller" model - that Indiana Jones wore) that I wear when I'm in a playful mood. I once wore it during a photo-job and saw someone making a gesture like saying I was dressed like a cow-boy... what an ingnorant, even you, Mr McBlame should know that cow boys wear Stetsons...

If you want a real Indiana Jones - look hat, look for it in Australia (Akubra hats)...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Love the hat, and the camera of course.... And what is that I see in the background, a color print?
    Quite right... It's a colour (RA-4) 1mx1m print I made by projection of a (square) portion of a 35mil. EPP I had processed in C-41 (cross-process)... the grain is visible, but it still isn't disturbing (the subject helps it to disappear)...

Claire, you should be surprised to know that although I am allergic to small negatives, I have three huge prints hanging in my house that are made from 35mm negs. I just like them too much (not the negatives, the pictures...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    What's the coke bottle hung on the front of that? I could be envious.

Nice 'at mate.

tim in san jose
    No, you wouldn't... it's a Fujinon L 420mm. The low price range that isn't produced anymore. Sharp in the middle. I want it for super sharp portraits, it'll do the job (I don't care about corner sharpness). It might help in the beginning, but later on I'll go for a 300mm for landscapes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Robertson
    So George, have you ever seen the French movie "Borsalino"?
    "Borsalino & co", yes, of course... I really liked some of the gangster movies with Delon, I prefer "Le cercle rouge". Lately I tend to look at the kind of hat every actor wears instead of other things (am I getting obsessed ?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Le cercle rouge is a great film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do I detect a revisionistic approach to "Hate the sin but love the sinner"? Oh, I just love those gorgeuos huge prints made from the crappy, small, inadequate negatives.

Perhaps you can make some wallet sized prints..or have them made for you..from some 8x10 negatives. Then you could declare "I hate these shitty little prints but I do so love the negatives they were made from.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Do I detect a revisionistic approach to "Hate the sin but love the sinner"? Oh, I just love those gorgeuos huge prints made from the crappy, small, inadequate negatives.

Perhaps you can make some wallet sized prints..or have them made for you..from some 8x10 negatives. Then you could declare "I hate these shitty little prints but I do so love the negatives they were made from.
    Well, Claire, it's just that I am a schizophrenic personality, that's all. I love B&W but sometimes do interesting things in colour, praise the qualities of LF but own interesting smalls cameras and sometimes work with 35mm, etc. But aren't we all ?

Shooter
    35mm
    You are so correct George but I do so regret the misuse of a high quality and handsome hat. Does gilding the lily strike a chord with you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    You are so correct George but I do so regret the misuse of a high quality and handsome hat. Does gilding the lily strike a chord with you?
    Although my English is not that good, I can guess that you're tryng to offend me. You're being silly and you'll make me report you to Big Brother
    :-(

Shooter
    35mm
    You English George is perfectly fine. Offensive is as offensive intends. I intended no offense but I do tend to over kid.

I look at your photo with your new camera and I think to myself: " What a handsome camera. What a marvelous hat. What a fine looking face is on the photo that is being obscured by no recent contact with a razor. Perhaps I can use this to irritate George."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin