Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,108   Online: 1178

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Getting excited - just orderd my first 4x5 kit

Yesterday, I ordered my 4x5 outfit...
    The darkslides, enlarging lens, focusing hood and Peak focus finder (an impulse buy - but I've always wanted one) arrived today.
    All I'm waiting for is my new Shen-Hao 4x5, 150 and 90mm lenses, which ought to arrive next Tuesday .
    Just a couple more things to get and I'll be all set!
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark,

You must be excited!

When you see the image on that GG... when you see the SIZE of that negative... Ha!

I'm excited for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. It's going to be a LONG few days...got plenty to do beforehand to try and keep my mind off it though.
    Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard. You picked a good camera, and good focal lengths to start with. Any problems, ask right here. No doubt you'll get lots of help. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi again: I just checked out your web site. From the landscapes, it looks like you've got an "eye" for large format. Good choice on your part to get into it. Post results when you start getting some. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I couldn't put mine down when I got my first large format camera, which was also a 4x5. Once you get the feel for having control over each individual negative it get addicting, fast. And the size - ooh! Just be warned that it doesn't stop there....

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations! I just went back to 4x5 early this year, after having sold off nearly everything six years ago. You might also want to visit SHUG on Yahoo Groups, if you have specific questions on your Shen-Hao. Enjoy!

Ciao!

Gordon

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,
    Think you will enjoy the Shen-Hao, i got one a few months ago and although i don't have much to show yet it is a fun camera to work on.
    It takes me a lot of time to focus and i still get some out of focus shots but hope with more experience that will change.
    Developing sheet film is not as easy as rolls, still get some spots mostly i think from exposing and not so much from developing.
    Have fun.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No great mystery to developing 4x5 film, and in many respects it is much easier to get a good print. I've been using development tubes to do sheet film with good results. This will let you work with the lights on most of the time. Pryocat hd developer, Efke films (now Adox) and you are set for "hours of fun" in the darkroom. Plenty to read here on the site, so welcome to the dark slide, asit were. Remember, 8x10 can't be too far down the road. Best of luck, tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on the beginning stage of your new adventure, Mark. You're in for lots of fun, as others have already said.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin