Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,262   Posts: 1,660,594   Online: 732

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Whats the best 8x10? Well, the Kodak 2D of course! Why would I say that? Well, because it is the 8x10 that I own. When I get a different 8x10, that of course, will be the best.
    That's just, like, my opinion, man...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Well, I guess I can buy it afer-all. I just got one of those phony second chance offers! Wish there was a way to really punish those thieves.
    Jim,

Report it to Ebay fraud dept.

People are so stupid to still be doing that, even after a few guys were put in jail for doing the exact same thing! I guess people are still falling for that trick tho. :-/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh
    Jim,

Report it to Ebay fraud dept.

People are so stupid to still be doing that, even after a few guys were put in jail for doing the exact same thing! I guess people are still falling for that trick tho. :-/
    I always immediately send that stuff to 'spoof@ebay.com' but must admit that feels like a black hole also.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim,

Don't fall for that second chance stuff. Wait for the "Well, you missed that one but I have one new in the box with manufacturer's warranty and accessories" offer from China or Indonesia.

Steve

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I spent a lot of time investigating the Wehman and came very close to buying one but ended up with my second Deardorff instead. I'm not big on pretty cameras, my principal camera is a Linhof Technika which certainly isn't pretty, but I just couldn't get past that big metal shovel- looking thing on the Wehman.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd think that the metal-shovel thing on the Wehman would make a good sail in the wind. Do people have worse-than-average problems with stability with the Wehman?

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Actually the Wehman is one of the more stable, exhibiting less flex at full extension than most. The design is very well thought out...form follows function...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwnyc
    I'd think that the metal-shovel thing on the Wehman would make a good sail in the wind. Do people have worse-than-average problems with stability with the Wehman?
    I've been using my Wehman in windy conditions for about 2 years. Its stability is excellent. The Wehman is a good example of a very well thought out system design. The "Metal-Shovel Thing" is easily removable. I do a lot of wide angle work, so I often shoot with it removed. When I put a long focal length lens on, I put the "Metal-Shovel Thing" back on as well.
    Last edited by Tom Hoskinson; 06-04-2006 at 10:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin