Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,948   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycletricycle
    any good lenses to scavenge from those mounts? I think zeiss and rodenstock provided lenses for those cameras didn't they? is that 100mm f2.8 planar any good?
    Google, boy, Google!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

i google all the time, but i think you guys know more than google!

sorry about all the questions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't mean to discourage you too too much from asking, but part of the LF ethos is "do it yourself" and that includes seeking information. There's a lot out there, in fact there's a lot right here on APUG, that's not too hard to find. There are, though, some questions, mainly having to do with less common gear, that haven't been answered yet. Search first, then ask.

Good luck, have fun,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ignore him, Take full advantage of the resources at hand & continue to post.
    Dan's not the postinig police.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

thanks

its just that zeiss has made a lot of planars and i still dont know how and why each one is different. For instance are the planars made for graflex xls lower quality than ones in linhof shutters? I know that linhof supposedly throes out half the lenses they get but aren't zeiss lenses supposed to be really good before linhof throws half of them away? I think that linhof used some zeiss lenses, atleast i have found some technika kits equipped with a biogon and a planar and a tele-arton.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

zeiss sonar not tele arton

the zeiss telephoto is a sonnar

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Planars are excellent lenses, as are Xenotars. If your primary concern is speed for handheld and low light photography with a 6x9 Technika, and movements aren't a priority, these are the lenses to look for.

If you want a sharp lens with more coverage to use movements, you sacrifice speed, and look for a modern plasmat like a Symmar or Sironar.

It's not a bad idea to have a mix of lenses so you can do both things.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

thanks alot for the info!

I have a 100mm f/2.8 xenotar coming and a apo symmar 135. I think that should do it for a while. I am still curious about the shape of the iris in realtion to the "look" of out of focus areas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

nevermind, found a bunch of info on bokeh

seems that the iris shape has something to do with it but not the whole enchilada,as we say here in so cal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin