Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,696   Online: 1182

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Ontario L.F. get-together Saturday July 15th

Is anyone interested in going out as a group to photograph an old auto wrecking yard? It is an older wrecking yard with many cars from the 40's, 50's and on. There is also a river with an old mill dam and a small steel bridge with wooden planking. This invitation goes out to large format photographers. But those who use the lesser formats would be welcome as well if they have an interest in stepping up.

The wrecking yard is located approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes east of Toronto. If people want to drive straight there, I will email a map. Any one wishing to gather together as a group could meet me at Warden Subway station “kiss and ride” at 8:00am and I will lead you all there. I have two spaces available in my truck for anyone without a car or just wanting to share the cost of gas. If anyone needs a ride or has space in their vehicle, please email me and I will attempt to coordinate rides and riders.

There is only a small variety store in the nearby town so it would be advisable to bring a lunch and something to drink. Wear sturdy shoes and clothes that you can get dirty or torn. This is an operating wrecking yard so please be advised that there are some hazards on site. The operator or I will not be held responsible for any injuries. I have brought groups here in the past without incident, but figured it's best to state this beforehand to protect all involved.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great Michael, I'll have to check my dates. Would we be able to meet you there, rather than drive into Toronto and back east again?
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great Idea Mike. I would love to come along but I can not be sure of the date till closer to the time. By mid to late June I should know for sure.

Tim R

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If I were up there I'de jump on the chance, its very difficult to get a junkyard to allow any photography. Due to the envoronmental issues inherent with waste cars most yards won't let you near them with a camera. Granted GA is a whole different world that Canada but I tried to do a series of images in junkyards there and got permission from only 1 or 2 out of about 10 I tried.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You had to arrange this during my vacation, didn't you?

Mike (London ON)
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Mike

Laura and I would like to come, but for now I will bookmark and wait to see how the workflow here is closer to the date. I'd like to work more on the solarization project and this location sounds like my original area.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quick question for all you LF brothers in Eastern Canada...

I'm working on getting a workshop set up here in Vancouver with the famous Per Volquartz in September some time.

It'll cost about US$75 per person, which is darn inexpensive for someone of Per's qualifications. You should do a Google on Per... I know you'll all be impressed!

Would anyone be up for coming out to Vancouver, BC in September? The Group of VI would be glad to have you join us!

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Michael,

Sounds like a great idea, but I can't make that date.... I'll keep checking in case the date gets altered.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Capocheny
    Quick question for all you LF brothers in Eastern Canada...

I'm working on getting a workshop set up here in Vancouver with the famous Per Volquartz in September some time.

It'll cost about US$75 per person, which is darn inexpensive for someone of Per's qualifications. You should do a Google on Per... I know you'll all be impressed!

Would anyone be up for coming out to Vancouver, BC in September? The Group of VI would be glad to have you join us!

Cheers
    Unfortunately the timing will be off for me. I'll be in Alberta/BC in August and then back home.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear that you can't join us. Perhaps, next go round!

Michael,

My apologies... I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Good luck on your get-together. We had one out here in Vancouver several months back and it was great to meet a few of the other shooters.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin