Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,653   Online: 771

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Instead of gluing a RRS plate to a Bogen plate, why not just attach a Arca clamp to the Bogen plate. RRS sells clamps with multiple screw holes. Just tap an additional hole in the Bogen plate and attach a Arca clamp to it.

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonC
    Instead of gluing a RRS plate to a Bogen plate, why not just attach a Arca clamp to the Bogen plate. RRS sells clamps with multiple screw holes. Just tap an additional hole in the Bogen plate and attach a Arca clamp to it.

Jason.

because that will cost me an extra clamp, which ain't cheap... Plus I'll wind up with a double quick release... A Qr mounted on a Qr seems less ideal than just a Qr with a double plate...

I don't know if people will read all their way trough 7 pages of head posts anymore. But I hope someone can clearify something for me...
    I am charmed by three way heads. I might like arca swiss b2/b1 but those or too expensive. I really like the bogen 405 by it's concept and it looks to operate very nice.

BUT is there 1 reason to not just go with the bogen 329RC4? I like to get my camera horizantal. But I don't do macro/architecture...
    Will a geared head be of any use for me??

THANKS game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sam,

If you haven't checked, the Bogen/Manfrotto 405 weighs 5.3 pounds by itself. You may wish to reconsider this as it is very probably the weight of the tripod or more than the weight of the tripod that you have and may well use. Again, I suggest that you again look at the Markins Heads at Nikonians:

https://www.photoproshop.com/index.p...326f1f627bece8

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi naturephoto,

Thanks again. If I'll buy a ballhead I'll strongly consider the markins. You seem really found of them. But then again, I think it'll be a 3way.
    I know I like that, and there is no way really to test a good ballhead like arca or markins at all here.
    but If I am going to buy a ballhead, if not now than in the future, I'll defenitally consider the markins.

In the mean while, I know the 405 is not te lightest solution. But it only weight 3,2 LB. (1,6 kg) My current is 2,4 lb (1,2kg) and that is on the light side I feel. My tripod weights over 10 lb...
    So weight aint of no consideration, allthough it must go too crazy off course.

The point I mentioned in my previous post is still important to me:
    Allthough I like the 405, and think it'll be a great perfromer (and compact). Is it truly bullshit to go with it, if you don't do macro/architecture?
    will the common three way heads be just as nice then? I mean not the 141rc but the somewhat better heavier ones by manfrotto.
    Or is the 405 simply a better performer, although one's not into macro and architecture??

thank Game

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Sam,

If you haven't checked, the Bogen/Manfrotto 405 weighs 5.3 pounds by itself. You may wish to reconsider this as it is very probably the weight of the tripod or more than the weight of the tripod that you have and may well use. Again, I suggest that you again look at the Markins Heads at Nikonians:

https://www.photoproshop.com/index.p...326f1f627bece8

Rich

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin