Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,685   Online: 1134

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Light Tripod Head for small 4x5?

Well, I'm trying to go light w my Gowland 4x5, and need to get a smaller, lighter tripod head. The camera w lens and holder weighs under 4lbs. I've been using a pistol handle ball head that's great but weighs as much as the tripod legs. So, I'm open to suggestions, but would like to keep the price low (around $60-75), buy used, and buy something readily available. I was looking at the bogen ballheads, but was unsure which to get. If any of you have used or currently use a similar setup, tell me your likes and dislikes. As always, all help greatly appreciated,

GB

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As a bonus, it would be great if it could handle my Hasselblad gear, including the 250mm lens I use most.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not try a small Bogen head, like a 3025. It's a pan and tilt head, not a ballhead, and is rated for 35mm cameras. But your camera weights less than a lot of 35's. I've used one with a Wista DX for years and never had a problem. And it will run you about $30. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use a Benbo ball head with about a 35mm ball with my Toho 4x5 which is similar in weight. Have done for 20+ years...

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

Shooter
    Large Format
    An Acratech meets all your requirements except the price! Small, rasonably light and very very sturdy. I have not found a 4x5 field that is not rocksolid on it. I use it allthe time with a Toyo AII and oftenuse it with a 57 Canham as well. Unfortunately you won'tfind a used one for less than $125-200 and new they are $280.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin