Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,066   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Willing to donate a camera to a really worthwhile cause??

If anyone has a spare LF camera they would be willing to donate to a non-profit org (tax-deductable of course) - here is one you might want to consider. There is an Art center down the street which among other offerings, have darkroom classes. I have taken a class there and they do a nice job of teaching. I have donated a handful of darkroom equipment, and arranged for some others to do the same. Probably because of that, they have asked if I know where they might find an LF camera for use with their alternative processes class.

Knowing the generosity of this community, I would imagine someone here will be willing to help them. You can contact them directly through the contacts/phone numbers on their web site. Matel is running the photography program and she would be very excited to hear from any of you.

http://www.luxcenter.org/

If you dig far enuf you might even find my name listed as a contributing artist (blush)...

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is a pre-anny Speed Graphic of any use?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well as someone who would never check the mouth of a gift horse...

I will call them tomorrow & ask. You just never know.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    (sorry for the long delay...)

I spoke with the artist this morning, and they would be happy to have an old Graflex to use. This artist teaches an alternative processes class, and what they really need is larger negatives. The movement restrictions of a press camera shouldn't be an issue. As long as the camera is in usable shape and has a lens it should work (and any spare film holders would also find use).

So, they would be happy to hear from you. You can contact them thru the link above (their phone #'s are listed). Ask for Julie - she is the director of the LUX Center and is quite helpful.

Thanks so much for offering.

... and if anyone else is interested...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    ...bump

Anyone interested in cleaning out the closet???

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

nebarska

Just sent an email...
    Peter

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave my name and phone number to Julie, never heard back.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I wonder if their emails are being agressively filtered? I will stop over there today at lunch & ask what is going on. I apologize to anyone who has tried to contact them and hasn't received a reply. If you wish, you can PM me and I will give the person who will use the camera your contact info. I am sure she will be very interested in replying to an offer.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the interest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if they just need larger negs for alt-process work, they might want to also consider 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 pinhole cameras. film can be relatively inexpensive and each student can build their own camera.... pinhole and alt-process are a natural marriage....

~tom
    www.f295.org

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin