Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,322   Online: 1034

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nice camera Jim!

ebay item # 7625787971
    I could only bid up to $300... darn sellers that dont take paypal!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any reason you chose not to use a check or a money order?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could not tell by the description, but is it larger than an 8x10?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm guessing he wants to pay by credit card, rather than check or m/o. The format is probably 11x14", and it's got a modern filmholder.

The oval vignette guide on the groundglass is an interesting detail.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just saw this. Yep, it's 11X14 and it has one of the nice medical film holders in the back. An hour earlier a medical 1114 holder went for 466 for just the holder. I thought the camera was a bargain for $220 extra bucks. Timely too as I just lost my other one in a horse trade. The Seneca's are sweet. Nicely made and as light as an 11X14 can get. But the backs are non standard so the normal film holders don't quite fit right. Never had a leak with my other one though.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Mine for $560, but for you, Jim.

I take it as a fact of eBay life that, "Galli, the All-Seeing, sleeps not, snipes often".

Charley

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All it takes it 2 people bidding on something to raise the price up.
    And thee are too many people watching. It's really hard to find any deals these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen
    Mine for $560, but for you, Jim.

I take it as a fact of eBay life that, "Galli, the All-Seeing, sleeps not, snipes often".

Charley
    Pardon me for pointing this out, but your bid came in two seconds after Jim's, and was in fact the final bid. You were outbid, not outsniped.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seadrive
    Pardon me for pointing this out, but your bid came in two seconds after Jim's, and was in fact the final bid. You were outbid, not outsniped.
    Ummm.......I kind of thought a beautiful ULF camera with a pricey holder for 700 bucks was a good deal. The same camera with a new bellows had just sold here for $1250 a few hours earlier which was also a very good deal. Especially when Deardorff 8X10's are passing the $2500 mark.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is a bargain price and bargain Jim is all over it as usual --had I seen it I'd have bid myself--I sold one of those myself in pristine condition less the holder for $2k--it is a very nice and light (for the format) 11x14--but Jim if you plan to put that Heliar on it you'd better put the front std. up on blocks !! Been laying off the bay lately myself to avoid all stuff- as they say "ignorance is bliss" --if I don't see it then I won't want it!!
    Joseph Burke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin