Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,965   Online: 817

Shooter
    Medium Format

5X7 fidelity holders

I have recently moved to the 5x7 format. I load the holders the same way I have always loaded 4x5 fidelities. I am careful and I make sure the film is flush with the base of the holder. The problem I am having is that the image is not centered on the film. Has anyone had issue with this? It is a small detail, but actually the image at the top (dark slide side) is within 1 or 2mm and sometimes actually on the edge of the sheet. I have taken a spare sheet of film and with a pen drawn in the frame. It seems with my fidelities that if the film is pushed to the top the image will be centered but with normal shooting the film will naturally move toward the base. When I shot 4x5 I would always give a gentle tap a the base so the film would always stay a consistent place. Any thoughts?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rap the holder on something, an hand or leg, before inserting it in the camera. This will seat the film in the holder and prevent blur if the film settles while the shutter is open.

- Randy

Images
    Same problem. I much prefer my really old wood kodak holders. No issues like this. DO what reellis67 says. It works.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And all this time I thought I was using old holders because I'm cheap.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fidelity 5x7

The image is balanced when the film is slid to the top of the holder and not at the bottom edge when rapped. Maybe I have a batch of holders made on a friday afternoon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin