Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,714   Online: 1279

Thread: New G-Clarons?

Shooter
    Multi Format

New G-Clarons?

I was poking around Schneider's new redesigned site, and noted that they are listing 240mm and 270mm G-Clarons in the current line as "available" and have pricing. High pricing to be sure, but this is MSRP.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm....aspx?CID=1112

I wonder if we're seeing NOS or a new run of the perrenial favorties is being made.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley
    I was poking around Schneider's new redesigned site, and noted that they are listing 240mm and 270mm G-Clarons in the current line as "available" and have pricing. High pricing to be sure, but this is MSRP.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm....aspx?CID=1112

I wonder if we're seeing NOS or a new run of the perrenial favorties is being made.

Steve
    Kerry Thalmann I believe has contacts in the company from his View Camera article on the older lenses. Maybe he'll chime in or you can PM him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 240mm and I like it but wouldn't a 355mm or even a 305mm be more interesting?

That 270mm would be very nice indeed, but it wasn't that long ago that Robert White and Badger Graphic were practically giving them away at close-out prices(one nice thing about living in the past is that it was nearly always cheaper if it dosen't involve digital) I think Jim Galli can make you a way better deal on a 240mm.

IMHO G-Clarons are brilliant lenses. If there weren't so many good used examples out there, a new one would be a most worthy object of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin