Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,897   Online: 935

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Beside the bellows issue the lens may be too big/heavy for the front standard of a 4x5 camera.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've owned and used Red Dots since 1973 and the images have satisfued the most demanding of clients. I have owned the 8 1/4 AND 16 1/2 but sold them but still use the 14 and 19 with excellent results.

http://www.photo.net/photos/X-Ray

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Recommend you all check out x rays photos!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray
    I've owned and used Red Dots since 1973 and the images have satisfued the most demanding of clients. I have owned the 8 1/4 AND 16 1/2 but sold them but still use the 14 and 19 with excellent results.

http://www.photo.net/photos/X-Ray
    Don welcome to APUG!

I checked out your photos that you have listed above...thanks for posting...

What phenominal documentary photography! Every image is a classic!
    Thanks again...

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd think it depends on the camera, I regularly use a 360 5.6 componon (monster, 3 1/2# enlarging lens) on my Omega 45d with a front mount packard, you do have to make sure you lock down the front standard, but it works wonderfully. (just wish I had about 4" more bellows)

erie

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH
    Beside the bellows issue the lens may be too big/heavy for the front standard of a 4x5 camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    What phenominal documentary photography! Every image is a classic!
    I must agree... especially the picture entitled, "Hanging Out."

Great image!

Cheers

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    You need to make sure your lens board can hold a lens of that size and your front standard can hold a lens of that weight.

I have an old Cambo 4x5, and can get about 30" bellows extention, however depending on what camera you have...you might be limited.

If you decide not to get the lens...let me know who's selling it because I could use it on my 8x10 and 11x14!

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is an example of a "modern" Red Dot Artar which was taken with a 480mm APO-Nikkor with a packard shutter f9 using expired by 9+ years old velvia.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=2399

take care, Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, er, ah. A 19" lens needs about 19" of extension to focus to infinity, about 21" to focus to 1:10.

FWIW, I shoot a 19" (that's 480 mm) Apo Nikkor on a 2x3 Speed Graphic, a short little camera of nothing at all. Chiller, if you must have that focal length on a 4x5 camera that, like my little Graphic, just doesn't offer the extension needed, use two 4x5 cameras. See the DIY section's sticky "this is my camera wot i built myself, i did" thread for more info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin