Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,481   Online: 895

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    It might be a tiny format and a tiny screen, but I'm willing to bet that I make much bigger prints with my tiny camera than you do with your big one. 16x20 - what a tiny print.
    Bigger is not always better my friend

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    It might be a tiny format and a tiny screen, but I'm willing to bet that I make much bigger prints with my tiny camera than you do with your big one. 16x20 - what a tiny print.
    Gee Robert,

Not only are we printing larger, but we are still holding focus, sharpness, fine grain, and color.

But, as we know printing color (particularly from transparencies) and B&W are different animals. :o

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    After reading the hit on the Agfa loupe I had to write. I have an el-cheapo plastic Agfa loupe that was a give-a-way because of all the film I bought at my supplier. I also have a lecia loupe that cost as much as a good used car and a Toyo 3.6 that's in between. For focussing a GG the plastic works as well as the Leica and I don't have to worry about lost, drop or theft. The el-cheapo goes everywere the Toyo near the van and the Leica lives in the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    After reading the hit on the Agfa loupe I had to write. I have an el-cheapo plastic Agfa loupe that was a give-a-way because of all the film I bought at my supplier. I also have a lecia loupe that cost as much as a good used car and a Toyo 3.6 that's in between. For focussing a GG the plastic works as well as the Leica and I don't have to worry about lost, drop or theft. The el-cheapo goes everywere the Toyo near the van and the Leica lives in the darkroom.
    Photobum,

Use what you like as your lupe. I reported what I saw and found to be the easiest and best performing lupe for me. As I said, I was quite pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Horizon 4X Lupe (about the same price as the Toyo Lupe). I found that it performed better than the more expensive 4X original Rodenstock and Fujifilm 4X Lupes. I found that this lupe was easier to focus as I described with a sharper ground glass image which does make it easier to focus and maintain focus. As I also suggested, the Leica 5X Lupe may have performed slightly better but this may have to do with the slightly higher magnification. I have no doubt however that the Horizon would perform better and be easier to focus and use and maintain focus than the Agfa Lupe.

Additionally, I doubt that you enlarge your transparencies as much as I; I frequently make 24" x 30" and larger prints from a Chromira printer. I need to maintain the critical focus that a better quality lupe provides for making such large prints.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin