Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,557,999   Online: 1103

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

help with identifying this component

I bought a wista DX recently, along with the camera I also got a 4x5 ground glass in a little envelop. I am assuming that this fits on the back of the camera. But I just cant figure out how. Any help with identifying this componet and fitting it back on the camera highly appreciated.

Thanks
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure it is glass, or is it a fresnel? also what is in the camera, a stock screen or has someone replaced the screen with an upgrade and perhaps the one in the bag is the stock screen?

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    I bought a wista DX recently, along with the camera I also got a 4x5 ground glass in a little envelop. I am assuming that this fits on the back of the camera. But I just cant figure out how. Any help with identifying this componet and fitting it back on the camera highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Posting a photo would be of more help. If you can, post one of the glass (maybe plate, fresnel or ground?) and a photo of the back. You'll get a more accurate response if you can show what you have to work with.
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden
    Posting a photo would be of more help. If you can, post one of the glass (maybe plate, fresnel or ground?) and a photo of the back. You'll get a more accurate response if you can show what you have to work with.
    Chris
    Yes working on it. I dont have a digi camera so I will have to ask a friend.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The stock Wista comes with a bright focus screen that goes under the glass. There is NO ground glass on my Wista 4x5 or 8x10 its clear glass that sits on top of the bright focus screen. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The groundglass on the DX is easily removeable, with a fine phillips head screwdriver. You just unscrew the clips. The original Wista groundglass is really good, so I'm not sure why anyone would want to replace it. Or, the seller may have just sent you a spare glass. I've got one sitting in a drawer somewhere. Dean
    dphphoto

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin