Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,717   Online: 781

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Shipping to Calypso Imaging...

Hi,

I usually have my e-6 done at New Lab in San Francisco, but their prices are high and I finally have a big enough order (100sh 8x10,50sh 4x5) to warrant (in my mind) a mail order to Calypso Imaging in the South Bay. I am worried, of course about sending off 2 weeks work. How do you guys post your film to Calypso and have you ever had any problems, vis a vis having the film opened or x-rayed?

thanks,

W.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    Hi,

I usually have my e-6 done at New Lab in San Francisco, but their prices are high and I finally have a big enough order (100sh 8x10,50sh 4x5) to warrant (in my mind) a mail order to Calypso Imaging in the South Bay. I am worried, of course about sending off 2 weeks work. How do you guys post your film to Calypso and have you ever had any problems, vis a vis having the film opened or x-rayed?

thanks,

W.
    I've never used Calypso but I would not ship the entire order at once. Instead I would break it into several seperate shipments. If something gets lost or misprocessed at least you won't loss everything.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen shipping labels that have the following on them.

" High speed professional photographic film. Please do Xray. Ok to open hand inspect and reseal"

Hope that helps.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops typo
    High speed professional photographic film. Please do NOT Xray. Ok to open hand inspect and reseal"
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    oops typo
    High speed professional photographic film. Please do NOT Xray. Ok to open hand inspect and reseal"
    I would not want my exposed film box to be opened, inspected and resealed.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    Hi,

thanks,

W.
    I use Calypso EXCLUSIVELY for my E-6 processing, and I ship all my unexposed film via USPS Priority mail from Hawaii. I have never had any problems. I regularly send large amounts of work, sometimes the take from an entire trip. Don't worry, send your film, and expect a short wait - their turnaround is fast.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All I needed to hear. Thanks.

William

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I use Calypso EXCLUSIVELY for my E-6 processing, and I ship all my unexposed film via USPS Priority mail from Hawaii. I have never had any problems. I regularly send large amounts of work, sometimes the take from an entire trip. Don't worry, send your film, and expect a short wait - their turnaround is fast.

Images
    Robert, why are you shipping "unexposed film" to them might be more cost effective to have them process exposed film. Hee Hee

I have used Calypso quite often and they are great to work with.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin