Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,488   Online: 933

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I liked the Linhof Color. Admittedly it's somewhat limited as to movements, but even with my Norwegian (vertical) landscapes which are sometimes more like shooting architecture, I rarely had a problem with that. It's also relatively lightweight, has 42cm rail, so it can take lenses from 90mm to 400mm. When fully collapsed the bellows is very well protected, useful for transport in the aforementioned vertical landscapes. I would leave the bench mount attached to the tripod, and just pack the camera with rail in the pack. That also made it very quick and easy to set up, even quicker than most field cameras I've seen.

The only reason I sold it is that I got a chance to buy a Carbon Infinity which is to other field monorails what a helicopter is to a city bus.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Arca-Swiss F will pack down to the space of most wooden field cameras, is a very flexible and interchangeable system camera, and is light weight and strong. I take mine in the field all the time.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmmm, the linhof color, and the sinar seem most interesting, also regarding there prices. Is the F in Sincar F2/F/F1 for Field?

The arca is maybe nicer, but also more expensive.
    How do these camera's hold up against toho?

edit
    And how does the sinar pack exactly? in three ways??

Game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    the Toyo 45e is a folding camera right?

So hope for some more!! thanks
    No, the 45E is a monorail camera that is quite easy to take the rail off of to pack up, I just pull the rail and compress the camera body and put in my pelican, it has all the movements I require and have used it with a 90mm with no problems and has enough extension to use with up to about 370mm, the lens boards are cheap, and like I said, I have found the movements offered with it to be as much as I need for field shooting. I have shot with both the Graphic View I and the View II and I like my Toyo/Omega much better.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Four ways of transporting a Sinar F-series--

1--Assembled and ready for use. This requires a trunk case. Fine for wheeling about town or in a vehicle for architectural jobs and such, but the case is bulky and heavy.

2--Packed like a brick, either on a short rail or with the rail removed. This is the most compact and sturdy way of carrying the camera, best suited to backpacking. You can leave the tripod mount on the tripod and it acts as a quick release. Just pop the rail into the tripod mount, level using the handy bubble levels, and tighten, and you're ready to go. Add more rail if you need it.

3--Unclip the bellows from the front panel (a flick of a lever), tilt front standard all the way back, raise rear standard and tilt it all the way forward. I don't have the camera in front of me, so I think I've got that right. If not it's the other way around with regard to the front and rear standards. You can leave the camera on the 12" rail this way and carry it easily in a shoulder bag with the tripod mount on the tripod.

4--Unclip bellows and set both standards parallel to the rail. The camera packs flat this way for transportation in a briefcase.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The collapsable rails on the Arca-Swiss are nice. I've thought about getting one, for this very reason.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    The collapsable rails on the Arca-Swiss are nice. I've thought about getting one, for this very reason.
    The Arca Misura looks really nice. Very portable. I want one.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
    http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/pdf/mis...ochure%20E.pdf
    Amund

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    The Arca Misura looks really nice. Very portable. I want one.
    Ah - but the "shell" is not a part of the structure, like it is on the Carbon Infinity.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Ah - but the "shell" is not a part of the structure, like it is on the Carbon Infinity.
    But you Carbon wonder doesn`t weigh 2.65kg(including the case) either
    Amund

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin